P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 minute ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I’ve no idea how this works and I’m away abroad tomorrow for 11 days so I’ll try and squeeze in a few games. I see I got a request from Richey Edwards - can we play them in any order or does it have to be round 1 then 2 etc?

Any order mate.

We can start whenever you're ready.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

The team off to a quick start in the first game, forcing(?) a resignation after 13 moves from Dandies1983 to reinstate my place as his bogey opponent.

Start as you mean to go on 🤦🏻‍♂️

I played that daft Queen move as I was sitting in traffic and then subsequently rage quit

#WeGoAgain

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

PnBmathematics beats paakman01 by checkmate.

Plenty of mistakes all over the shop.

Congrats 👏

You had it tough last season, good to see you setting out with a victory this season.

Edited by Trogdor

9 hours ago, gkneil said:

gkneil defeats Arabjoe by resignation.

Entertaining game. Took a chance and sacrificed a Bishop to let me push 2 pawns together and it worked out.

Well played - just read the game report and you had an accuracy of 97... which is always going to beat me!  As you say, those two pawns just pushed me over the edge.

For the 3rd season on the trot, Arabjoe starts off with a loss...

20 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Well played - just read the game report and you had an accuracy of 97... which is always going to beat me!  As you say, those two pawns just pushed me over the edge.

For the 3rd season on the trot, Arabjoe starts off with a loss...

I was surprised at the accuracy to be honest, easily the highest I've had over the 3 seasons with only a single mistake and no blunders.

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Isn't that a bit like not giving the ball back when the opposition has kicked it out for an injury stop, then scoring the winner?

I don't really want to have won that way - I'd rather just replay it - but last time one of my games timed out, people said I should just take the win.