P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

23 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Hello again P&B chess folk. As expected I've had almost zero time for chess since the lockdown ended but I did come across this interview with Vassily Ivanchuk. Absolutely incredible stuff.

Interviewer: "A great win today Vassily, tell us about the game."

Vassily: Tells her the entire game. (including every option he could have taken)

Beef2711 beats purplekangaroo by checkmate.

Delighted with this one. A first win in 3 games against Craig, and some pre match prep payed off as I attacked his Dutch defence early, rather than the passive mess I made last time.

Div A - el_scorgio vs DearyMe, draw by repitition. Mega tight, couldn't find a way through, so took the point. And remembered how DBR works properly this time. GG.

Taking a lot of solace that I'm not getting thrashed, but nowhere near good enough to win much either though. Tough league.

Edited by Scorge

23 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Div A - el_scorgio vs DearyMe, draw by repitition. Mega tight, couldn't find a way through, so took the point. And remembered how DBR works properly this time. GG.

Taking a lot of solace that I'm not getting thrashed, but nowhere near good enough to win much either though. Tough league.

Aye, well playex there. I was never really comfortable in that position which is why I repeated as well. Good game, looking forward to having the white pieces next time. 👍

Having trouble getting a game started with the_kid1433. If you see this here, you'll either have a game request sitting or you can set one up. Me (cols407) to play as white.
Sorry, I've been away from any phone connection since Sunday night. I've just accepted the game. Sorry paakman aswell for the same reason.

13 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

@Aim Heredefeats Board_stupid by checkmate.

In this league if you make a mistake you will be punished for it, which is what happened here. What followed was a slow motion, unstoppable train wreck with an inevitable ending.

I'm just glad I wasn't the train driver this time round.

Division A, Round 8

I thought I had Ziggy_the_Spider on the ropes for a while, and then suddenly it all turned to absolute shit in the space of about three moves and I was just totally suffocated. Apparently my worst blunder was not giving up a rook in exchange for a bishop and letting him protect a passed pawn. How the f**k is chess expecting me to see that?

Ziggy_the_Spider beats AimHere by resignation.

Edited by Aim Here

35 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

I thought I had Ziggy_the_Spider on the ropes for a while, and then suddenly it all turned to absolute shit in the space of about three moves and I was just totally suffocated. Apparently my worst blunder was not giving up a rook in exchange for a bishop and letting him protect a passed pawn. How the f**k is chess expecting me to see that?

Ziggy_the_Spider beats AimHere by resignation.

Yeah, I feel very fortunate to have won that.

There was a period of maybe 5-10 moves where I was just trying to survive, however I knew that if you couldn’t land a knockout  then one of my pawns would win it for me.

I’m struggling to understand why you aren’t higher up the league.

Thanks for the game.

RicheyEdwards beats mackieboiz by checkmate. 

I was anticipating a difficult game as I have played him previously and from what I remember had lost easily. 

The game was even (though I'd say he had the better of the opening game) and we were about even in material, when he made a queen blunder which I took advantage of. It's usually me who makes such blunders, so it was a refreshing change for it not to be me this time.

Thank you for the game. It was very enjoyable. I hope you aren't too raging about the queen blunder, though I know I probably would be if it had been me.

Good luck in your other fixtures. 

Richey x