P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division A

Ziggy defeats GCarlos9 by resignation.

Made a colossal blunder by castling that cost me a bishop and ultimately a horsey.  

So far this season I’ve lost all my games on black, and I’m undefeated on white.  I wonder what will give first?

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Division A

Ziggy defeats GCarlos9 by resignation.

Made a colossal blunder by castling that cost me a bishop and ultimately a horsey.  

So far this season I’ve lost all my games on black, and I’m undefeated on white.  I wonder what will give first?

Yeah it was fairly even until then, thanks for the game.

Division C

Round 7

RicheyEdwards v paakman01 

PnB Mathematics v hammysgetinpumped 

cols407 v mackieboz

The_kid1433 v RBWatson

DieHardDoonhamer v LvivKarpaty

Round 8

hammysgetinpumped v RicheyEdwards 

mackieboz v paakman01 

RBWatson v PnBMathematics

LvivKarpaty v cols407

DieHardDoonhamer v The_kid1433

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - WEEK FOUR fixtures P180
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Div B From week 2 I think. Invergowrie beats Strachanovski by checkmate.

Few blunders each but throughly enjoyed it. Engrossing. 

Thank you 

Same here, I  will get vengeance in the rematch.

Thank you.

Division A, Round 5

Purplekangaroo89 blundered a fork-inside-a-fork allowing AimHere to exchange a pawn + a knight for a rook, and that was the margin that allowed me to slowly grind out a win in Division A's bottom-of-the-table six-pointer.

AimHere beats Purplekangaroo89 by checkmate

17 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Division A, Round 5

Purplekangaroo89 blundered a fork-inside-a-fork allowing AimHere to exchange a pawn + a knight for a rook, and that was the margin that allowed me to slowly grind out a win in Division A's bottom-of-the-table six-pointer.

AimHere beats Purplekangaroo89 by checkmate

I had spotted the fork but thought my counterplay was good enough to make it worth it. Turned out it wasn't, and then even though I thought I was beaten I felt like I put up a pretty good defence for a while. However, looking at the computer it seems like I had a lot of chances to get a draw by pushing h5 at the end, which didn't ever really occur to me.

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I had spotted the fork but thought my counterplay was good enough to make it worth it. Turned out it wasn't, and then even though I thought I was beaten I felt like I put up a pretty good defence for a while. However, looking at the computer it seems like I had a lot of chances to get a draw by pushing h5 at the end, which didn't ever really occur to me.

Likewise, I saw the h5 move, but figured I could ride it out and didn't fret about it too much, unlike the perpetual you might have had with the queen on the white square diagonal, which made me sweat continuously!

23 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Division A

Round 7

El_scorgio v Dearyme

Round 8

eindhovendee v el_scorgio 

FYI only just back from holiday so probably won't pick these up for a couple of days while i try and batter through the other two games....

11 minutes ago, Scorge said:

FYI only just back from holiday so probably won't pick these up for a couple of days while i try and batter through the other two games....

I'm in no hurry, still got 2 on the go. I'm like a snail at the moment. Work is a bit manic.