P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

I find it difficult to switch between 960 and normal.  I have a board on my desk and have it set up for my 960 match in the cup this week.
I struggle to see the game at the start, as your normal patterns of defence and attack are badly skewed.
I made a really basic error in my league game that I had to resign.  Mainly as I was thinking a space was covered by a bishop, and it was the normal set up so it wasn’t.  I just didn’t see the move as I thought there was no danger. My fastest ever defeat [emoji23]

Yeah I was feeling the smell for a couple of weeks. Just massive one move blunders several times in a match. An enforced break of a few days seems to have stopped that though. I'm still an absolute entry level player but at least I'm no longer being stupid.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ShaggysBeard said:

Division C, Round 12.

cols407 beats RBWatson by resignation.

I think I went a little off in the opening before managing to set up a discovered attack to win the queen, opponent then chucked a rook. Fairly plain sailing from then.

Shocked April Fools GIF

Well played, soundly beaten.

16 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

@Bigmouth Strikes Again did you get my cup game invite?

No, had a look don't think so.

eta. yeah, sorry I've got it, might need to wait for a bit, though.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

46 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

What’s happened here? :lol: 

BE7C3362-9E5B-473C-A449-A7D92784FD21.png

Welcome to the mind bending world of chess 960 where the pieces are randomly arranged.

It's the format used for the cup competition to give us a bit of a change from the league games.

If you can figure out a strategy for the openings let me know because it's utterly bamboozling.

16 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Welcome to the mind bending world of chess 960 where the pieces are randomly arranged.

It's the format used for the cup competition to give us a bit of a change from the league games.

If you can figure out a strategy for the openings let me know because it's utterly bamboozling.

I’m equally all ears for middle game and endings. My rank is about 280, not 800 :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Would you be interested in a different time control?

is that even allowed?

I don't think Frank minds as long as it's agreed between us.

I'm pretty crap at moving during the day at the minute but can manage evenings and weekends. 

15 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Tremendous. I quite like the idea of Polish Ziggy getting confused by receiving a couple of invites every week from complete strangers from Scotland.

It's a good job I noticed before I started asking how his new job was going and how many games has he got going concurrently. 🤣

8 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Sorry I've had a horrific week in work so I can't focus on the league. Increasingly think I might need to bow out. I'll resign now.

Tried to send you a cup invite but says you aren't accepting challenges. Happy to wait until you've got more time.