P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

22 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Beef2711 and eindhovendee share the spoils in a hard fought top of the table clash.

I had the initiative early doors, but good play from eindhoven forced me into a passive phase of play. Looking at the report I was eventually 5.36 down before a repetition draw, so happy to escape with a point here.

A proper midfield battle after the last couple of weeks of Tiki Taka chess from the eindhoven lads.

Really looked like the unbeaten run was coming to an end but very happy with a point.  GG.

6 hours ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Eindhovendee thumps sav1876 

You played much better first time round and I think the queen swap benefitted me more than you.

Can anyone explain how the analysis works, its telling me that I am 90+% accurate but more often than not I haven't a scooby what I am doing, it reads like I had a plan (I don't). I am just reacting to what the other guy has done.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

GordonEF I'll start our cup match once I've finished my league match against markf268.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

Do you have to wait? I'm playing both of you and could do with you both distracted!

No rush. The fixture pile up is taking it's toll on the lads.

Can anyone explain how the analysis works, its telling me that I am 90+% accurate

I'd just competere ignore the percentage accurate stat. I don't think it's the slightest bit useful. If there's some intricate tactic both sides are blind to for about four moves then it'll say you've been wildly inaccurate despite you potentially improving your situation every move. Much better just to analyse the game move by move.

58 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:
  Hide contents

for-fucks-sake-gif.gif

I was looking forward to the 960 cup, I'd been playing that format better than standard chess and fancied myself for a wee plucky lower-league team cup run.

Then I drew that git in the first round.

I got out of shape right at the start and got my queen stuck on the wrong side of a double pawn. It probably didn't help me that the set-up was pretty similar to standard chess. But he throttled me instantly. Good luck, I'd like to watch this one.

40 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I was looking forward to the 960 cup, I'd been playing that format better than standard chess and fancied myself for a wee plucky lower-league team cup run.

I got out of shape right at the start and got my queen stuck on the wrong side of a double pawn. It probably didn't help me that the set-up was pretty similar to standard chess. But he throttled me instantly. Good luck, I'd like to watch this one.

Yeah, I think it does probably give the underdog a fighting chance. I knocked out @Henderson to deliver ..... in the last round and he's ranked quite a bit ahead of me in 'normal' chess. But I think we both approached that game with a cavalier attitude, bordering on recklessness, which probably also gives the underdog a fighting chance.

Edit. I just re-watched that game. Our Queens were facing off by move 3😂

I'm expecting to be bundled into a sack and thrown into the canal like an unwanted kitten in this round.

Edited by Gordon EF

Just now, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think the advantage white has of playing first is increased even more in the 960 format.

Yeah, I thought that as well. It certainly felt like that in our game. My gut feeling is that because piece development is so much quicker, always having that first move means you tend to have one more piece out there less constrained by pawns so you've usually always got an attack on that your opponent has to think about.

7 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I think the advantage white has of playing first is increased even more in the 960 format.

Definitely if the bishops are already out wide, I've blundered a piece on my first move playing blitz 960. 

Git?

I'm hurt!!!

[emoji25]

It will be a good game - Gordon EF played it very tight last time.

Can see this going the distance - extra time and penalties.

Question for Frank - what's the story if there is a draw - another match but in reverse colour?

5 hours ago, true_rover said:
6 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
GordonEF I'll start our cup match once I've finished my league match against markf268.

Do you have to wait? I'm playing both of you and could do with you both distracted!

Our game...

Two Men Pointing Guns at Stock Footage Video (100% Royalty-free) 2130347 |  Shutterstock

😬

Bri1962 defeats arabjoe by resignation after a long slog after the Queens got emptied early doors. Division B round  9. GG joe.

Just noticed the cup draw, i'll be in touch GParsfan.  

Edited by keptie