P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Division C

Round 10

Johnnydun418 beats Dieharddoonhamer.

Good game @die hard doonhamer, once you lost your Queen, I think that was the writing on the wall.

Yep, well played. Absolutely fucked myself over coughing up my queen. Frustrating.

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Yep, well played. Absolutely fucked myself over coughing up my queen. Frustrating.

I did the same thing about keptie. Was trying to experiment with queen openings, got chased up and down the board, found myself in relative safety for the first time in 10 moves and missed a good check from keptie trying to pursue my own and lost my queen. Frustrating but ah well.

Beef2711 and eindhovendee share the spoils in a hard fought top of the table clash.

I had the initiative early doors, but good play from eindhoven forced me into a passive phase of play. Looking at the report I was eventually 5.36 down before a repetition draw, so happy to escape with a point here.

3 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I did the same thing about keptie. Was trying to experiment with queen openings, got chased up and down the board, found myself in relative safety for the first time in 10 moves and missed a good check from keptie trying to pursue my own and lost my queen. Frustrating but ah well.

Using our game as an experiment eh....i feel used 😉. Yeah you got your Queen out pronto and it was getting into some dangerous positions for me and i had to be on my toes to keep it at bay, but GG. 

LudoNo1 with a league and cup double against AH13STU
That league game was a belter. After the Knight check the recommended engine line was an unforced draw by repetition. Deviation by either party would result in a losing position. Ludo deviated by not chasing the Knight and quickly found himself at -6.3 but defended resolutely though he lost his queen in the process. A mere fifteen moves later he'd completely turned it round and the lichtie resigned! Scenes!

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Shocked you resigned on our league game. Still had the queen advantage!

Two really tough games!

Don't think it was going to count for much against your doubled rooks and paired bishops. Thought I'd still have enough advantage after you had to sacrifice queen. You defended and countered very well. I imagine I had some mega clusterf***s in there.

Elrohana beats Flamingalah01 - with a 10 move checkmate.

Mistakes by the opponent - first c7-c5 then bringing his Queen out - left his King exposed - and further exposed with b7-b5.

It was over when he attacked the wrong knight - forced mate in 2 from there. An inaccuracy. 2 errors and a blunder handed an easy win. Screenshot_20210228_230624_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.9058ae6ef9108bad3d1d3f738ad71d48.jpegScreenshot_20210228_230632_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.c95e1235656c56d8e1ec7ecc87e22337.jpeg

THE BETH HARMON SCOTTISH CUP QUARTER FINALS!!!!
Purplekangaroo89 v Ziggy_The_Spider
Bri1962 v GParsfan
eindhovendee v LudoNo1
Elrohana v GordonEF

As always, this is 960 Chess and home team is white 

FB4040D8-1B91-4535-A5FF-5118AF4588D0.thumb.jpeg.cdbbbc739c5dd97b6b6dbad9e4c9dd51.jpeg
GordonEF I'll start our cup match once I've finished my league match against markf268.