P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Elrohana beats Dandies1983 as black.

He fell into a classic trap - over attacking with both his knights.

A bishop sacrifice on my part that left his knight undefended and his pawns wide open followed up by my Knight and Queen attacking.

Screenshot_20210219_162928_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.647fa9539542c7456d87f7c03927da39.jpegScreenshot_20210219_162942_com.chess.thumb.jpeg.e409e60835c061ac50bd3d2f9cb2c626.jpeg

That was brutal.

13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Beef2711 beats GCarlos9 by genocide.

VAR says no checkmate.

Game On.

Its genocide now. Well played good game.

Good game m8.  Was quite tight until I broke through with the pin.

Early carnage in the bottom of the table clash between sav1876 and invergowrie as The Gowrie turn up to the match blootered and get 2 star players sent off early doors.

They now appear to have fallen asleep as sav1876 contemplates an indirect freekick while trying to catch up on alcohol consumed.

5 minutes ago, the aggressive beggar said:

Early carnage in the bottom of the table clash between sav1876 and invergowrie as The Gowrie turn up to the match blootered and get 2 star players sent off early doors.

They now appear to have fallen asleep as sav1876 contemplates an indirect freekick while trying to catch up on alcohol consumed.

Grand plan to hang my queen, get you over excited and then strike. Let's see how it works out for me 

Division A, DiegoDiegoPB defeats madwullie.

Thought that was a bit of a premature "French defence" (it's so annoying that name's already taken). I had a decent advantage but I'm more than capable of blundering a game from there. Other than picking up the knight, which was the only material gain in the match, I wasn't really going anywhere with all those checks.

It was nice to get the queens off the board early though and have some nice open play for a change. Less pieces means less stress!

Just out of a meeting with the board. They have said they have full confidence in me going forward. We are all in full agreement that there is a lot of positive things happening on the board and , in fact, we are actually due someone a bit if a doing 

Another presser called for Monday morning but I'm sure it's nothing 

3 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just out of a meeting with the board. They have said they have full confidence in me going forward. We are all in full agreement that there is a lot of positive things happening on the board and , in fact, we are actually due someone a bit if a doing 

Another presser called for Monday morning but I'm sure it's nothing 

^^^ Lost the dressing room ^^^

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

@Eednud I’ve got your challenge mate but I’m finishing the other game I’ve got on first and then I’ll make my play if that’s good with you? Happy to leave it til you’re finished yours as well.

Tagging on phone is shite, @Eednud, I'll accept your challenge once I've finished this match, if that's alright? Otherwise I won't be really responding for hours at a time.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

'Sake. Gubbed. I thought I was alright, set up for the midfield battle, thought I was ahead, didn't see what was about to happen. Mate, if you saw that before the battle in the middle you're a far better player than me.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 22.55.50.png

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 22.56.09.png

I'm not going to lie, I didn't see it ahead. I just hate a congested board so tried to trade pieces off and all of a sudden found myself right on top of you.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer beats GordonS496 by checkmate. Rook to g8 sealed your fate their mate, I think you should have moved Queen to e8 that point. Good game.

Screenshot_20210219-225815.thumb.jpg.10d553c700d573a9be8e511986d00aa3.jpgScreenshot_20210219-225820.thumb.jpg.ef82b00867fa5b34958d467031ef1c54.jpg

I gamed it out and I still definitely lose with queen to e8. I brought the rook in to give me a glimmer of hope, because Ng5 would have caused your queen trouble, you would have taken it with the bishop and I'd have taken with the rook. As soon as you shoved the queen out wide my only chance was if you let me off.

Just now, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm not going to lie, I didn't see it ahead. I just hate a congested board so tried to trade pieces off and all of a sudden found myself right on top of you.

I'll be honest, that makes me feel better! I did think, how TF has this guy not won more games if he saw that? I still should have seen it coming at some point but it would have been well into the trades, and I just had the blinkers on at that point. Every game is a school day.

Well played, you made all the right moves once the chance was there. It would have been easy to make a mis-step with me having so many pieces about but you never let me off the hook.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why didn't you take the D pawn?

He had a knight on e4 (the one on c4 in the first pic) and it was uncovered. Turns out it was a Trojan horse, and I did not look it in the mouth. Looking at the analysis now, the engine said that was an excellent move. WTF does it know...

Earlier on though, I took pawn f5-e4, I should have taken d4 then. That's what did for me, but I just never saw all the angles coming together on f7. I just didn't see that level of danger down my left.

Screenshot 2021-02-19 at 23.19.58.png