P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

There’s tears and snotters of delight in the dressing room as gkneil’s blunderbus somehow picks up a win over Bri1962.

There’s points on the board at last 😭😭😭

43 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Bri1962 stuffs el_scorgio out of the diddy cup by slow bishop strangulation. gg.

White definitely had a big advantage going first the way the pieces were set up at the start. Must admit i like the chaotic 960 format it's definitely different, See you next season Scorge 😉

41 minutes ago, gkneil said:

There’s tears and snotters of delight in the dressing room as gkneil’s blunderbus somehow picks up a win over Bri1962.

There’s points on the board at last 😭😭😭

Well played gkneil, putting you in check with my unprotected Bishop actually put me in trouble  from which i never recovered from. I'll be joining you near the foot of the table now...great fun😃

3 hours ago, ShaggysBeard said:

cols407 beats DieHardDoomhammer by resignation.

My attempt to fork the king and queen went unnoticed to gain the advantage and managed to keep control thereafter. Easily my best performance of a turgid season.

Well played, I just couldn't get a real foothold in the game and then, as you say, I totally missed the fork. Good game.

Division C Round 14, pleslie999 beats GordonS496.

I tried yon Sicilian again, really don't like it. I was under the cosh down my queenside for the whole game as a result and never recovered - or, more accurately, pleslie never took his foot off my throat. A queen trade helped me get a foothold on the board but in a technical dance between four rooks, three bishops and a knight I was outplayed. I carried on hoping for a mistake but none came. You've come a long ways since those pre-season friendlies bud, well played.

51 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Division C Round 14, pleslie999 beats GordonS496.

I tried yon Sicilian again, really don't like it. I was under the cosh down my queenside for the whole game as a result and never recovered - or, more accurately, pleslie never took his foot off my throat. A queen trade helped me get a foothold on the board but in a technical dance between four rooks, three bishops and a knight I was outplayed. I carried on hoping for a mistake but none came. You've come a long ways since those pre-season friendlies bud, well played.

That felt like an epic battle. Although I always felt I had u under pressure I couldn't quite make the breakthrough. Your rook that was over on the king-side out the game hindered you a bit I thought and allowed me to get all my pieces attacking the queen side. Then that carnage of trades In the middle of the board tipped it in my favour. Good game. 

Division A Round 13 Result

Dearyme defeats Purplekangaroo89 by resignation. An interesting game this, I felt like I lost some initiative early doors (maybe with the Queens going off?) and we were heading for a draw. I got a bit of a break when you played c3 rather than a3 (to give the light squared bishop an escape square) which gave me an in on move 18. I was expecting to be a pawn up but once I had won the exchange I wasn't letting go.

Our first game was very similar in that you played into my exact analysis. It was a bit weird but the same thing happened again except with a queenside push this time. There hasn't been much in our two games in all honesty.

Good game.

League C result. 

Pleslie999 beats markf268 by resignation

Good game, wasn't much in it I don't think. The trades at the end getting rid of all rooks and both Queens left me with a Bishop proved enough. Valiant attempt by Markf268 to offer the draw near the end, figured My Bishop was going to be enough and it seemed so.

League C result. 

Pleslie999 beats markf268 by resignation

Good game, wasn't much in it I don't think. The trades at the end getting rid of all rooks and both Queens left me with a Bishop proved enough. Valiant attempt by Markf268 to offer the draw near the end, figured My Bishop was going to be enough and it seemed so.
With the offer, I was hoping that I was in a position where all that could happen was trading off all of the pawns on (my) right - apparently wasn't the case!

League A

GordonEF beats gkneil by checkmate

Pretty swift win this one - checkmate in 12. Classic case of running into trouble by bringing the Queen out too early for @gkneil. Let me develop my two knights and a bishop whilst pushing the Queen back to it's original square which allowed me to box in the King.

Edited by Gordon EF