P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
RicheyEdwards
Cardinalrichie
Strachanovski
Arabjoe
NotThePars
hammysgp
eindhovendee
GCarlos9
topcateh3
Board_Stupid
pleslie999

I think I should be in league C, iv had a few pre season games and been skelped, currently getting my arse handed to me for the 2nd time by @GordonS. If its a hassle I'll happily be the whipping boy of the league! 🤣

17 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I think I should be in league C, iv had a few pre season games and been skelped, currently getting my arse handed to me for the 2nd time by @GordonS. If its a hassle I'll happily be the whipping boy of the league! 🤣

Ok I’ve put you in League C 

@Grant228 do you want to play in Div B?

53 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I hope you'll not take it as an insult when I say you're one of us. And although I think I have an edge, my roaring bahookie of a move with rook to e8 that you brutalised by checking me shows you're not far off.

Big up the Division C massive.

16 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I hope you'll not take it as an insult when I say you're one of us. And although I think I have an edge, my roaring bahookie of a move with rook to e8 that you brutalised by checking me shows you're not far off.

Big up the Division C massive.

That move aside I think I'm just delaying the inevitable but I'm looking forward to the league campaign. Hopefully won't embarrass myself too much 🤣

7 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

That move aside I think I'm just delaying the inevitable but I'm looking forward to the league campaign. Hopefully won't embarrass myself too much 🤣

Don't underestimate yourself. I hadn't played chess since I was like 10 and managed to pull 6 wins out the bag. 

5 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:
Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
Bri1962
Ziggy
Elrohana
Purplekangaroo89
AH13STU
madwullie
gkneil
GordonEF
Dearyme
el_scorgio
beef2711

That's a tasty league.

6 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

Provisional leagues incoming, any objections now is the time to raise them

We have three leagues of 11 so some weeks there will be teams with only 1 fixture

Hoping that’s a good compromise between those that wanted just 1 game per week and those that wanted to stick to 2

Looks spot on min

3 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Everyone's standard came up across the season, you definitely wouldn't have been out of place at the start and I'm sure you'll catch up. I literally didn't know the name of a single chess opening until the Queen's Gambit was on Netflix, and I didn't know what that was or the name of any other opening until after the league was underway. I found the tutorials on Chess.com really useful, and there's a bunch of stuff on the main openings on YouTube that I found I needed to watch to avoid getting an early surprise. The games became more enjoyable when I started feeling like I was losing rather than beating myself.

6 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Beginning to think it was rewritten by a p&b poster.

20210413_152424.thumb.jpg.8696021c28c4797e8f9432c6ba32f8ff.jpg

That's actually pretty funny.

Which P&B poster is Jeremy Silman then? Who started the seething wreck patter?

ETA - Gutted not to see how untenable White's position is. The crucial part of the board hasn't been pictured. 

Edited by Trogdor

I have now finished my five game series with Trogdor.  With a win and a draw and three defeats.   Lots of learning done in those games, mainly on how not to open. 😂

I scraped a win with 98% accuracy, and got destroyed with 80% accuracy.  I never realised just how big an advantage white actually is.

13 hours ago, Trogdor said:

That's actually pretty funny.

Which P&B poster is Jeremy Silman then? Who started the seething wreck patter?

ETA - Gutted not to see how untenable White's position is. The crucial part of the board hasn't been pictured. 

Viking ton is probably the main proponent of this type of patter, but I don't know if it originated with him. Stuff like seething is now just part of the p&b lexicon, there's even a poster called Seething.

Here's the full board.

20210414_111005.thumb.jpg.8b31f9b67106518b32a16f7d0a0ae600.jpg

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Viking ton is probably the main proponent of this type of patter, but I don't know if it originated with him. Stuff like seething is now just part of the p&b lexicon, there's even a poster called Seething.

Here's the full board.

Not gonna lie - that looks like what my pieces look like on the regular. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Here's the full board.

Me as white there:

this_is_fine.jpg