P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

4 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

AH13STU beats Invergowrie 

Tough game, not much between the two sides. The experience of the Angus side pulled through in the end.

Great effort pal.

Good game. I'm having a lot of fun playing the vienna with white these days but as we got into the middle game was clear I couldn't  break you down. Think I need to work on taking pawn  in these tight games

Dearyme defeats Board_stupid by resignation. Similar to Aim Here's recent game against Dearyme the post game analysis congratulated me on having made no mistakes. Although there were a handful of inaccuracies and that was enough to leave me in an untenable position.

I'm taking some comfort in the fact that it came down to pawns and kings at the end rather than a full-on leathering against a heavyweight of the P&B chess world.

Well played @Trogdor

23 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Dearyme defeats Board_stupid by resignation. Similar to Aim Here's recent game against Dearyme the post game analysis congratulated me on having made no mistakes. Although there were a handful of inaccuracies and that was enough to leave me in an untenable position.

I'm taking some comfort in the fact that it came down to pawns and kings at the end rather than a full-on leathering against a heavyweight of the P&B chess world.

Well played @Trogdor

Thanks @Curmudgeon

I almost lost the game on time. I was out yesterday and was very fragile this morning. I think I made a move with 33 mins left on the clock. 

Specifically on the game -

I managed to gobble a couple of Queen side pawns by virtue of a lead in development and then it was all about simplifying and exchanging pieces off for a winning king pawn ending. Credit for trying for a breakthrough on the kingside where it was 3 pawns v 3 pawns. Also for keeping your king on the back and primed to sneak into the corner and try for a stalemate. I couldn't be bothered calculating which is why I was off to the kingside when you tipped you king.

Good game. 👍 

Gcarlos9 and Board_stupid, game drawn by agreement.

I was soooooo far behind in this game and the only way I got back in to it was due to uncharacteristic errors by my opponent. I could almost hear @Lokiturn the air blue from miles away.

In the end I had queen, rook and a pawn, versus queen and 5 pawns threatening promotion. A draw seemed fair enough and was more than I could've hoped for earlier in the game.

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Gcarlos9 and Board_stupid, game drawn by agreement.

I was soooooo far behind in this game and the only way I got back in to it was due to uncharacteristic errors by my opponent. I could almost hear @Lokiturn the air blue from miles away.

In the end I had queen, rook and a pawn, versus queen and 5 pawns threatening promotion. A draw seemed fair enough and was more than I could've hoped for earlier in the game.

The word moron springs to mind.  Our game would have had another 20-30 moves each most likely and I couldn’t be bothered doing all that for a draw anyway.  

As always good game and it was quite the tactical battle as always.

Division A, round 7

I thought I'd cunningly scammed a free pawn or two from eindovendee, at the cost of a little hiccup in my pawn structure, but he just twisted the thumbscrews and I ended up in a couple of long stretches of more or less forced moves leading to inevitable doom.

eindhovendee beats AimHere by resignation

16 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Board_stupid and Ziggy_The_Spider game drawn by agreement.

It was pretty even throughout the game, but I was pleased to have defended well when I needed to without really threatening too much.

Happy to take a draw against another strong opponent.

Yeah, good game, I thought I was slightly better but I had started to lose the plot a bit towards the end so was glad to end the match before the new fixtures.

2 hours ago, Scorge said:

Div A - eindhovendee beats el_scorgio, resignation. Fairly even until I lost my train of thought halfway through and eventully committed rookicide. GG.

If anything I think you were probably a little bit ahead before the Kamikaze move.

Felt like a very open game for a change, my other games in this league all seem really tight, put a foot wrong and its curtains.

Division A
P
W
L
D
Pts
eindhovendee
Ziggy
Board_Stupid
Dearyme
GCarlos9
beef2711
el_scorgio
AimHere
Purplekangaroo89

Round 9

Purplekangaroo89 v Dearyme 

AimHere v GCarlos9

beef2711 v eindhovendee 

el_scorgio v Ziggy

Round 10

AimHere v Board_Stupid

Purplekangaroo89 v Eindhovendee

el_scorgio v GCarlos9

beef2711 v Ziggy 

Division B
P
W
L
D
Pts
AH13STU
pleslie999
gkneil
Arabjoe
invergowrie
GordonS496
Dandies1983
Strachanovski
markf268
NotThePars

Round 9

Dandies1983 v NotThePars 

gkneil v markf268 

GordonS496 v invergowrie 

Strachanovski v Arabjoe 

AH13STU v pleslie999 

Round 10

markf268 v Dandies1983

invergowrie v NotThePars 

Arabjoe v gkneil 

pleslie999 v GordonS496 

AH13STU v Strachanovski

Division C
P
W
L
D
Pts
cols407
PnBMathematics
RBWatson
paakman01
DieHardDoonhamer
mackieboz
RicheyEdwards
hammysgp
The_kid1433
LvivKarpaty

Round 9

RicheyEdwards v mackieboz

hammysgetinpumped v RBWatson

paakman01 v LvivKarpaty

PnBMathematics v DieHardDoonhamer 

cols407 v The_kid1433

Round 10

RBWatson v RicheyEdwards 

LvivKarpaty v mackieboz

DieHardDoonhamer v hammysgetinpumped 

The_kid1433 v paakman01 

cols407 v PnBMathematics 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Quite glad to only have one fixture this week. I'm massively busy at the min so only really moving on evenings and weekends.

I’m playing about 40 games just now because 2 tournaments started at the same time.