P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

I've just realised you can get into a live analysis (by going to the openings and copying the moves) during a game, which has the white/black bar and will tell you the +/- score for each planned move. This seems a bit dubious to me; does anyone use it during games?

I haven't done it in our game by the way @die hard doonhamer - after blundering my queen 7 moves in against a 1342 rated player I've managed to drag things into an end game. The analysis doesn't look too good, mind you.

23 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

I've just realised you can get into a live analysis (by going to the openings and copying the moves) during a game, which has the white/black bar and will tell you the +/- score for each planned move. This seems a bit dubious to me; does anyone use it during games?

Don't do that. People can and do get banned for that.

Also, attempting to do it with offsite chess engines will get you banned eventually, since chess.com has a bunch of clever machine learning algorithms designed to spot that sort of thing.

Edited by Aim Here

46 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Mathematics beats cols406 by resignation.

Insert a paragraph here about how it panned out but I really don’t know enough about chess to write one.

Well done mate, 2 from 2 is a great start. 1st couple of friendlies we played a while back to where u were in the last few was an unbelievable improvement. Shows in your results now too! 

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

Mathematics beats cols406 by resignation.

Insert a paragraph here about how it panned out but I really don’t know enough about chess to write one.

I believe its cols407 btw. Very good result.

@ShaggysBeard I hope you're not starting this season like last. You're my pick for the Division C title.

Spoiler

My endorsement is the kiss of death. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

The _underscore derby between el_scorgio vs Board_Stupid ends in stalemate. Was ahead and should have found a way to win, but I'm still a bit rusty, couldn't, and chickened out....

Edited by Scorge

5 minutes ago, Scorge said:

The _underscore derby between el_scorgio vs Board_Stupid ends in stalemate. Was ahead and should have found a way to win, but I'm still a bit rusty, couldn't, and chickened out....

I was just coming on to report the same, but with a slightly different perspective.

I was getting pulverised and was a bawhair from resigning several moves earlier, but decided to play it out as I had a slight threat down the king side.

My king needed oxygen after getting chased round the board, but somehow stole a draw by repetition.

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Pleslie999 beats GordonS496 by resignation.

I was in trouble after about 4 moves, recovered, offered a queen trade which Gordon declined and that was turning point as my queen was just in amongst it and couldn't really be attacked.

I Hibsed that. I haven't played a game of any type since the last game of last season and it showed. I thought I could swagger out of the trade but I didn't remotely look through the possibilities from your end.

Well done, the Queen trade was a subtle move and you made all the right choices to avoid an early defeat when you were in danger.

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

He's not alone.

In my current game I had tripled pawns at one point. They're getting sacced. 🤣

Offt I had triple pawns in a game a few months back, awful state of affairs to get into. Like playing a bunch of centre halves in midfield. 

Who is Lviv on here? I've sent a game request a few days ago but no response?