P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Rbwatson beats RicheyEdwards by checkmate.

An enjoyable game that I started (and ended) pretty badly. The midgame was interesting but overall the better player won.

Good game, and a deserved win for you.

BTW, you just ended my biggest winning streak (7 games) on the chess.com app. 😂

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Rbwatson beats RicheyEdwards by checkmate.

An enjoyable game that I started (and ended) pretty badly. The midgame was interesting but overall the better player won.

Good game, and a deserved win for you.

BTW, you just ended my biggest winning streak (7 games) on the chess.com app. 😂

Good game, you got yourself back into it well and two or three times I nearly moved my rook off the first row which would have given you the checkmate.

21 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Good game, you got yourself back into it well and two or three times I nearly moved my rook off the first row which would have given you the checkmate.

Yeah, I was dangling the bishop to try and get you to move the rook but you never took it.

Division B

Gkneil beats Arabjoe by checkmate.

Well played.  I managed to get a couple of pieces up and tried swapping enough pieces to get the win - but for the second time in as many weeks I just didn't have the skills needed to protect a pawn to the other side - and crumbled when you managed to do so... 

14 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Division B

Gkneil beats Arabjoe by checkmate.

Well played.  I managed to get a couple of pieces up and tried swapping enough pieces to get the win - but for the second time in as many weeks I just didn't have the skills needed to protect a pawn to the other side - and crumbled when you managed to do so... 

Good game. A tight finish and it took me a while at the end to figure a way to promote my final pawn to force you to lose your rook.

Without looking at it in depth, move 50 might have done for you. May have been better to stick with the a & c pawns. 

AH13STU beats pleslie999 by resignation

Pumped, I actually thought I played ok but was never in it. Analysis agrees and my opponent made 0 mistakes and 1 inaccuracy. As soon as I lost my rooks it was curtains and you were about to gobble up my poor pawns so decided to throw in the towel. Well played. Solid chess! 

Div A - GCarlos9 beats el_scorgio, resignation. Lost this one in the middle of the game through poor position, trapped myself in the corner, and got the pearl revolver out when all hope had gone. GG. If this was football management, I'd be expecting the sack by now.

43 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Div A - GCarlos9 beats el_scorgio, resignation. Lost this one in the middle of the game through poor position, trapped myself in the corner, and got the pearl revolver out when all hope had gone. GG. If this was football management, I'd be expecting the sack by now.

I assume moves 31, 32 and 33 you were looking for a draw by repetition?  I felt by the time I had offered the Queen sacrifice I had seized control of the middle of the board and was in a better position, so wasn't going to accept the draw.  I was in such a bad position at the start as you developed your pieces chasing my horse around.  Good game and good luck for the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, Loki said:

I assume moves 31, 32 and 33 you were looking for a draw by repetition?  I felt by the time I had offered the Queen sacrifice I had seized control of the middle of the board and was in a better position, so wasn't going to accept the draw. 

Correct on both counts.

Trying to metaphorically shitfest a 0-0 has its limits in this league :lol:

4 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

AH13STU beats pleslie999 by resignation

Pumped, I actually thought I played ok but was never in it. Analysis agrees and my opponent made 0 mistakes and 1 inaccuracy. As soon as I lost my rooks it was curtains and you were about to gobble up my poor pawns so decided to throw in the towel. Well played. Solid chess! 

Thought you actually played pretty solid. The Queen and Bishop threat could've been unpleasant. Think you may have been better to exchange queens but your error in losing a full rook changed the course of the game strongly in my favour.

Thanks for the battle.

MADWULLIE SCOTTISH CUP 1st ROUND

REMEMBER, THIS IS 960 CHESS

LvivKarpaty v gkneil

beef2711 v GCarlos9

Strachanovski v Dandies1983

RBWatson v Dearyme

Board_Stupid v Arabjoe 

mackieboz v DieHardDoonhamer 

GordonS496 v invergowrie 

markf268 v PnBMathematics

AimHere v The_kid1433

NotThePars v paakman01 

eindhovendee v pleslie999 

Purplekangaroo89 v AH13STU 

el_scorgio v cols407 

Something may be a miss in Division C, @mathematicscan you confirm your league results to date:

cols407 (h)

paakman01 (h)

mackieboz (a)

LvivKarpary (h)

the_kid1433 (a)

RicheyEdwards (h)

hammysgetinpumped (h)

RBWatson (a)

DieHardDoonhamer (h)

cols407 (a)

I have you down as won 6, lost 4, is that right?