P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

12 hours ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Div B

Round 2

AH13STU beats Gkneil 

A tight game, pinched a pawn and GK duly obliged with a catastrophic error to allow me an easy victory in the end.

Cheers for the game. 

A feckin' disaster. I seem prone to making an arse of things against you 😄

Pleslie999 beats Dandies1983 by checkmate.

Really good game I thought, not a classic but tight throughout could easily have gone either way. Don't think anyone was ever comfortably ahead, me being able to attack your king side made the difference in the end I think.

eindhovendee beats Dearyme by a surprising resignation, I think I had a slight upper hand but was one of those games.

1628581078_MexicanStandoff.JPG.182a9a710e4469ee6dd0135e0a71c4b5.JPG

Queens had pissed off early.

Rooks, Knights and Bishops all waiting on the first crack, Dearyme's knight bottle crashed.

Maybe Dearyme could see the end better than I could, was a lot of work to be done.

1 hour ago, eindhovendee said:

eindhovendee beats Dearyme by a surprising resignation, I think I had a slight upper hand but was one of those games.

1628581078_MexicanStandoff.JPG.182a9a710e4469ee6dd0135e0a71c4b5.JPG

Queens had pissed off early.

Rooks, Knights and Bishops all waiting on the first crack, Dearyme's knight bottle crashed.

Maybe Dearyme could see the end better than I could, was a lot of work to be done.

I was toast.

Having chucked the knight and then managing to end up the exchange down (B v R + 1) your 2 Rooks and passed pawn were too much for my Rook and Bishop. I could have played on but it would have been for naught.

I lost the Knight by overpressing and over complicating things. I thought I was winning tbh when your King couldn't castle (although I had to swap Queens to make that happen) but the resulting position isn't actually that bad for black.

Well played! 👏

As an aside, what are the odds on a third Dee fan winning Division A for the third season in a row?

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I was toast.

Having chucked the knight and then managing to end up the exchange down (B v R + 1) your 2 Rooks and passed pawn were too much for my Rook and Bishop. I could have played on but it would have been for naught.

I lost the Knight by overpressing and over complicating things. I thought I was winning tbh when your King couldn't castle (although I had to swap Queens to make that happen) but the resulting position isn't actually that bad for black.

Well played! 👏

As an aside, what are the odds on a third Dee fan winning Division A for the third season in a row?

Long odds on this one, I would be happy with a Europa place. 

On 30/08/2021 at 22:16, craigkillie said:

Ziggy beat me in last week's games - another poor game from me and he was clinical.

Cheers mate.

I beat beef in my other game from week 1.

It was an interesting game and could have gone either way until beef played 3 dodgy moves in a row.

Pleased to get my 1st win over a tricky opponent.

On 30/08/2021 at 13:12, Frank Grimes said:

Round 4

AH13STU v Arabjoe 

AH13STU wins by resignation.

The post-match analysis from Chess.com tells me that (in very uncharacteristic fashion) I only made 1 mistake and 0 blunders - yet was never in the lead.  AH13STU barely put a foot wrong, was extremely accurate (don't think I've ever got anywhere near 97%) and had me under pressure throughout.  Good game.