P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
12 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Note to self: don't quickly take your next move on the loo, assuming that your opponent had made a move that they, in fact, had not.

Got you on the run(s)?

Aye, I was away for a black knight.

Following an early mix up in the Ayr defence leading to the first goal being scored, the Lichties battled away with the wind in their faces to take the spoils.

DIV A

RicheyEdwards 0-1 AH13STU

In the other game, the Spiders started the match with some open and attacking play.The home side weathered the storm and tried to play on the counter. Neither keeper was troubled and the game fizzled out in a draw. Both managers were contempt with the result and look forward to the return fixture later in the season.

AH13STU 1/2-1/2 Ziggy_The_Spider

Edited by Leicesterlichtie

I dunno if it's a mental block for the boys but when I take them out on glamour friendlies round the world in locations like Argentina and France we run up ludicrous cricket scores but back here in the league it's a different story

Division A
Round 3
DiegoDiego defeats gkneil
Mother of all blunders x 2
congrats [mention=41834]DiegoDiego[/mention] 
You were a bit unlucky to play into the only opening I know a trick or two about. If you're not on the back foot you probably don't make those mistakes. Looking at the analysis I could have played a couple of moves better, but as Carlsen said yesterday about Dominguez missing a winning move "I didn't see it and neither did he, so who cares?"

It's day two of the third Champions Chess Tour tournament today. Plenty of commentary options and it's worth a watch, at least for a wee while. Like turning on the Champions League after a game of fives.

3 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Division B, Round 4, Bri1962 beats el_scorgio in the first Angus derby. Fell behind early doorsand made a horlicks of trying to claw it back, ironically just like we usually do at Gayfield.

Doh.

Good game though (obviously i'm gonna say that)  but i was one careless move from being checkmated.

44 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

You were a bit unlucky to play into the only opening I know a trick or two about. If you're not on the back foot you probably don't make those mistakes. Looking at the analysis I could have played a couple of moves better, but as Carlsen said yesterday about Dominguez missing a winning move "I didn't see it and neither did he, so who cares?"

It's day two of the third Champions Chess Tour tournament today. Plenty of commentary options and it's worth a watch, at least for a wee while. Like turning on the Champions League after a game of fives.

I think I have sent you a challenge for our game.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

That makes sense on the truck or two as I can as pretty lost after a few moves as to where you were going. 

I realise I'm way too late for the league but if anyone wants a mid-season break friendly match (Daily Game, 24 hours), my username is roofterrace and I fluctuate between a lowly 800-900 ranking, so see it as an opportunity for a confidence boost, if needed...

Thanks.

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

Division A

madwullie beats Strachanovski 

@Bigmouth Strikes Again, good game mate. You made a mistake early on and finally I managed to capitalise. Thought it was going to go on for ever though.

Unlucky man 🤝 

Bad mistake with the knight, well played by you. Look forward to the re-match.

Thank you.

eta I aborted the other game Wullie as it had me white again.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

13 minutes ago, N5 Spur said:

I realise I'm way too late for the league but if anyone wants a mid-season break friendly match (Daily Game, 24 hours), my username is roofterrace and I fluctuate between a lowly 800-900 ranking, so see it as an opportunity for a confidence boost, if needed...

Thanks.

86da66e99064583206511a46a28e4c537fadb03f.gif.a9e1e37f700af8c471637951f02b8468.gif