P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

It’s common for the game analysis to tell me of a better move I could’ve made. Which would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact that many times I can’t for the life of me see what’s better about their suggestion. 

I played a game last week where for 3 consecutive moves it told me I should’ve sacrificed my queen to win a bishop. No positional benefit that I could see.  

Bizarre. 

I played a game last week where for 3 consecutive moves it told me I should’ve sacrificed my queen to win a bishop. No positional benefit that I could see.  

Bizarre. 

Post up a screenshot next time, I'm sure someone here will be able to figure it out.

56 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

It’s common for the game analysis to tell me of a better move I could’ve made. Which would be fine if it wasn’t for the fact that many times I can’t for the life of me see what’s better about their suggestion. 

Bizarre. 

I get that often. It uses some sort of statistical analysis system taking into account all positions on the board so e.g. losing your queen may lead to the potential to check in the next few moves. 

I like playing games with the real time analysis running and often ignore the ideal moves recommended even though there'll be a good reason for them. 

2 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Post up a screenshot next time, I'm sure someone here will be able to figure it out.

Will do.

It's good to see so much interest in this considering there apparently isn't even a half decent player among us. 😀 At this rate we'll need to divide the B division into regional leagues.

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

I get that often. It uses some sort of statistical analysis system taking into account all positions on the board so e.g. losing your queen may lead to the potential to check in the next few moves. 

Yep, I get the theory behind it. I'm just unable to understand it in practice. I'll get there.

26 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Will do.

It's good to see so much interest in this considering there apparently isn't even a half decent player among us. 😀 At this rate we'll need to divide the B division into regional leagues.

There may be a C league at this point!

25 players so far