P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Anyone who's challenged me I'll get to you eventually I have 3 on the go right now but I'm heavy busy w/ work and gallivanting.

One less now 😬

Finally another win on the board and a maiden victory against NotThePars

You’ll be kicking yourself on that one 

1 hour ago, EvilScotsman said:

Hammysgetinpumped beats RBWatson by resignation in Division C round... 9?

Well played @101, the analysis reveals one move which would have put me in the driving seat, where the one I made gave you a slight advantage which you took full advantage of - well played.

Very enjoyable game it swung from end to end.

Best of luck for your remaining fixtures.

the_kid1433 beats cols407 by resignation.
Well played. Strong game from my opponent, their low position is a mystery to me. Pretty poor from me, more blunders and mistakes than the previous games all together I think, all were duly punished.
Thanks very much for the game. I feel like a few days off has refreshed me a little.

Game started off with quite a few book moves and felt quite tight from my perspective untill I got my rooks and Queen on the centre files.

Feels good to finally stop rot.

Pleslie999 draws with strachanovski by agreement.

Delighted to come out of that with a draw after blundering my queen early on. After that it was proper all out defense and managed to repel most attacks until we got into a bit of a situation where I offered the draw as I couldn't see where either of us could win. Even though you had the queen your other pieces were tied up defending your king and I don't think I quite had the fire power to do enough damage. Good game, look forward to the return where I hopefully won't blunder my queen 🙈

4 minutes ago, Aim Here said:

Division A, Round 9

King safety went out the window as both sides left their royal personages exposed to the elements, but GCarlos9 didn't make mistakes when it mattered and I did.

GCarlos9 beats AimHere by resignation

You should have played me last week, mistakes all over the shop.  It says you had a missed win.  I can’t work it out.

Extremely good game, Kevin Keegan would be proud of us.

34 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

Pleslie999 draws with strachanovski by agreement.

Delighted to come out of that with a draw after blundering my queen early on. After that it was proper all out defense and managed to repel most attacks until we got into a bit of a situation where I offered the draw as I couldn't see where either of us could win. Even though you had the queen your other pieces were tied up defending your king and I don't think I quite had the fire power to do enough damage. Good game, look forward to the return where I hopefully won't blunder my queen 🙈

Yeah, couldn't see any way to win it, even though I was 3 up, my stats were crap, but thought it was a good even game.

Well played. Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

You should have played me last week, mistakes all over the shop.  It says you had a missed win.  I can’t work it out.

Extremely good game, Kevin Keegan would be proud of us.

The chess.com engine is all over the place if you follow the line it suggests. I think it was just a bit of a wild game that confused it. The stockfish running on my own machine seems to prefer sacrificing the e pawn before the knight move or the queen move.

13 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

DieHardDoonhamer defeats Hammysgetinpumped by resignation.

Looking at the game report, I made 1 blunder, but no mistake other than that. I could have wrapped it up sooner, but overall I'm pretty happy with that.

Good game.

Sounds truly excellent compared to my 6 blunders :whistle but enjoyable all the same

4 hours ago, the tungston weasel said:

Div C, round 10
The_kid1433 defeats paakman01 by checkmate.

Fell quite lucky to get that one. I was slowly being suffocated of options then a blunder by paakman01 that gave up both knights opened the whole board for my pieces.

Good game.

Yeah, I threw that one away a little bit. Once the errors came I couldn't find a way back, well played.