P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

18 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Thanks.

It's been tough for her - she got diagnosed with breast cancer at her start of December.

She had her operation on Christmas Eve only to find out 4 weeks later they had completely missed the cancer and left in the metal clip that marked the cancer. The one positive was that her lymph nodes were clear.

She had surgery again in April - successful this time and had her radiotherapy last week - she's got to take tamoxifen for the next 5 years (and all the side effects that has).

All that and losing her job at Debenhams at the end of February - and still managing to get a new job and start it 4 weeks ago.

She knows I've been playing chess as a bit of an escape - especially during lockdown - but with things opening up and her only working 3 days a week I really should be out and about with her enjoying ourselves - not stuck to my phone.

I appreciate all the effort Frank's made but that will be me after I get these final 3 games out the way.

Thanks to everyone.

Sorry to hear what you've been going through with your better half. Must be a challenging time for you both. Hope things start to get back to some normality and the dreaded cancer doesn't ever return. 

All the best for the future mate.

MarkF sorry I declined your request, can you send again? I'm having major problems with the app on my phone.

I might not be able to make many moves the next week. Now staying with Mrs Stella's family at Balaton and they don't have wifi at home, only mobile and my abroad limit is almost reached.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

MarkF sorry I declined your request, can you send again? I'm having major problems with the app on my phone.

I might not be able to make many moves the next week. Now staying with Mrs Stella's family at Balaton and they don't have wifi at home, only mobile and my abroad limit is almost reached.

If you're worried about not being able to make the regulation one move per day, chess.com does have a 'vacation' function that allows you to put your daily games on hold for a while. It might be handy if you're stuck without internet for a couple of days

https://support.chess.com/article/624-how-does-vacation-work-how-much-time-do-i-get

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

That should be it although I now realise I'm completely unavailable on Saturday so hopefully can get these wrapped up in 24 hours. 

Cheers.

Feel free to stick it on vacation (as per Aim Here's post above) if you need to, I'm not bothered. I wouldn't particularly want to win on time anyway.

Done.

And no worries if it's slow paced, a few things on over the next few days anyway so won't be going quickly myself.

From that link above, I've turned off automatically claiming the victory if you time out as well - think that lets me give you an extension!

8 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Done.

And no worries if it's slow paced, a few things on over the next few days anyway so won't be going quickly myself.

From that link above, I've turned off automatically claiming the victory if you time out as well - think that lets me give you an extension!

Good plan; given @Stellaboz situation, I've done the same

Div A - Round 17 or 18

Ziggy defeats PurpleKangaroo89 by luck.

This was a really enjoyable game despite (maybe because of) both of us making a few mistakes, blunders, missed win etc.

It could have gone either way, so delighted to have won.

Thanks for the game.

On 21/06/2021 at 19:03, Frank Grimes said:

Round 19

Strachanovski v Arabjoe 

On 21/06/2021 at 22:49, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Dundee derby six pointer.

Thank you.

Division B - Round 19

Arabjoe defeats Strachanovski/ @Bigmouth Strikes Again in the six pointer, by resignation.  A good game that - I thought you were in control for the first 30 moves or so, then when you went on the offensive with your Queen I managed to pick her off with my Rook and it turned the game on its head.

PurpleKangaroo89 defeats Bri1962  in Division A by a very annoying knight, not sure if i blew that game or not but it was a good game, thought i was done for early on but got back into it but couldn't provide the killer touch. Well played PK89.

On 23/06/2021 at 15:19, Ziggy said:

Round 20 - Div A.

Ziggy beats PnB Mathematics by resignation.

I was able to win a piece quite early in the opening which allowed me to simplify into a clearly won endgame.

Thanks for the games Mathematics (and for volunteering to complete the numbers in Div A) I hope you are still enjoying the games.

It’s a good think I’m not easily demoralised.

47 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Division B - Round 19

Arabjoe defeats Strachanovski/ @Bigmouth Strikes Again in the six pointer, by resignation.  A good game that - I thought you were in control for the first 30 moves or so, then when you went on the offensive with your Queen I managed to pick her off with my Rook and it turned the game on its head.

Well played m8, would've resigned earlier but wanted to get to 60 moves.

Cheers.

Madwullie Cup Result

Dearyme defeats Beef2711 by resignation.

960 is a strange beast. I got castled quicker and got into a more standard position faster. I was then able to apply a bit of pressure with a lead on development which proved enough to edge it in the end. 

3 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Div A - Round 17 or 18

Ziggy defeats PurpleKangaroo89 by luck.

This was a really enjoyable game despite (maybe because of) both of us making a few mistakes, blunders, missed win etc.

It could have gone either way, so delighted to have won.

Thanks for the game.

That was a really fun game - I was raging that I missed your winning move after having clawed myself back from the brink of defeat a couple of times.