P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

Division C round 1
Markf268 beats Rbwatson by resignation.
Seemingly I only made 2 blunders, but I always felt I was chasing it. Thoroughly outplayed after the Queen exchange.
Good game.
The biggest bit for me was being able to take your bishop in addition to the swap early on - allowed me to look for swaps to open up the board with a small advantage.

Became two wins in 15 mins with a Round 2 win over pleslie999 by checkmate. Was very much behind in the game and in defence mode until one move turned it completely on its head and mate in 3 moves.

2 minutes ago, true_rover said:

The biggest bit for me was being able to take your bishop in addition to the swap early on - allowed me to look for swaps to open up the board with a small advantage.

Became two wins in 15 mins with a Round 2 win over pleslie999 by checkmate. Was very much behind in the game and in defence mode until one move turned it completely on its head and mate in 3 moves.

I thought I had it all sewn up and you came out with a stinker that I didn't see coming and even after you played it didn't see it! Well played! 0-2 now. Things can only get better 🙈

38 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I am currently playing someone (a chess.com random) who opened with f3 Kf2 e3. What the hell is that?

I'm just waiting for him to move and he's mated in 11 moves (12 moves if he wants to drag it out).

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.3d2ce0fac40e3f8051aafcd49a6a6e95.jpg

Bongcloud baby.

1 hour ago, madwullie said:

That's what really made the difference for me mate. Early on I was playing both league games plus usually a friendly at once. It was just to much to concentrate and focus on. 

I've definitely improved through playing more too, but just playing the one league game at a time really helps the form - it's too easy to get mixed up, or be thinking of the wrong game, or just simply miss something because you're not laser focused enough. 

Was 9 games on the go, now 8, possibly soon to be 7. Even though 6 are Team Scotland games which are 3 days per move, I'm still playing them as if 1 day per move matches.

Played someone the other week who had 145 games to deal with. Must have plenty of time on his hands.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I am currently playing someone (a chess.com random) who opened with f3 Kf2 e3. What the hell is that?

I'm just waiting for him to move and he's mated in 11 moves (12 moves if he wants to drag it out).

Someone channelling that time when a supposed Bobby Fischer ripped the piss out of Nigel Short in 2000.

Edited by Aim Here

Division A Round 2 Result

Dearyme beats Purplekangaroo89

A very level game, nothing in it for the first 20 moves. I committed myself to a line and it came off (If Craigkillie sidesteps it I am maybe slightly worse or level - which is worse as white). Resultingly leaving me a knight for 2 pawns up. The pawns were too far back to threaten with promotion and in the end my pieces game to life with a couple of quick tempos and a lethal double check courtesy of the Knight and Queen combining to good effect.

Edited by Trogdor

Division A Round 1 Result

ChessBassGuitar beats PurpleKangaroo89

An Alekhine's defence where we ended up in a position I must have played a thousand times (not uncommon if White is unfamiliar with the opening). White played a bit too passively and got his pieces tangled up which gave me some tactics. 

Haven't analysed it properly yet but running through the engine quickly I'm pleased to see I played well but also slightly miffed that a couple of moves I considered were actually better than what I did play. 

GG @craigkillie