P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

On 18/11/2021 at 19:14, Trogdor said:

Madwullie Cup

Dearyme defeats gkneil by checkmate.

A lucky finish here as gkneil missed the mate. I was a couple of pawns up but it was a really bizarre position that we ended up in - as a consequence of the 960 setup. I ended up breaking through on the kingside first before gkneil came through on the queenside.

A nonsense game, I was a bit lost in terms of a plan fairly early on and was focussed on avoiding one potential checkmate while completely missing the one that did for me.

An early warning for me that next season could be a case of going back to being humped every week and cementing my place as the West Brom of P&B Chess.

19 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

You will need to do a play off to see who…..plays off 

Will do. What's the general rules - who goes white and does black just need to draw to survive or would that result in a replay.

Although before all that, Aim Here won 1 game more than me while I drew 3 if that makes any difference to the league standings.

4 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

Will do. What's the general rules - who goes white and does black just need to draw to survive or would that result in a replay.

Although before all that, Aim Here won 1 game more than me while I drew 3 if that makes any difference to the league standings.

The rule as stated on the front page are Points -> Head  to Head results -> Games won -> playoff though maybe Frank has decided to change it without telling us!

On 25/01/2021 at 18:01, Frank Grimes said:

If players are level on points at the end of the season, head to head will be used as a decider then games won. If still no way of separating them, there will be a playoff with highest finisher from previous season playing as white. If no playoff, highest finisher from previous season will win. If players did not play previously and a playoff is not possible, lots will be drawn.

Edited by Aim Here

On 23/11/2021 at 22:28, Aim Here said:

The rule as stated on the front page are Points -> Head  to Head results -> Games won -> playoff though maybe Frank has decided to change it without telling us!

That was my reading of it as well. As Frank's not got back to us with a ruling I'll throw myself on the playoff grenade and challenge pleslie to the big game, which I guess you'd be ok with?

50 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

That was my reading of it as well. As Frank's not got back to us with a ruling I'll throw myself on the playoff grenade and challenge pleslie to the big game, which I guess you'd be ok with?

Sure thing. Be careful with that pleslie gadgie - he's the only guy who managed to get a win off me in Division C. Good luck!

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Sure thing. Be careful with that pleslie gadgie - he's the only guy who managed to get a win off me in Division C. Good luck!

🤣 was a fluke, im more cold than hot these days! Even more Frustrating is my boy is getting quite good and is regularly beating me 

• Frank Grimes changed the title to P&B Chess League - New Season in 2022
1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Sorry for the radio silence lads, it’s been a mad week or so

Have you commenced the play off?

And has the other semi been complete

New season will kick off in 2022 :) 

Yeah we have started the play off however regardless of the result I'd rather not be promoted. I'll get skelped about by the big boys.