P&B Chess League - Season 8 coming soon….

5 hours ago, gkneil said:

There's an irate @pleslie99 incoming. He had me on the ropes, with a rook and 2 Bishops to my rook and I've wriggled my way out to a win while he was focussed on picking off pawns and getting one of his promoted.

Unbelievably, gkneil defeats Pleslie999 by checkmate

Irate is one word for it, stupidity another. Iv messed up end games before but not quite on that level. I was too focused on trying to get your final rook off the board when I should've just marched my pawns and King up the board. As soon as I played my final Bishop move my phone was nearly launched off the wall once I realised what was coming and couldn't be stopped! Well played, really good game.

2 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Division B, Round 17

Draw by repetition.  Nothing to separate the teams, so for the second time this season we draw.  Good game!

Yeah cheers for the game. Was a bit of a stalemate at the end. I couldn't really see what to move without losing so was happy to repeat. Was an end of season kick about for the boys that one.

Analysis shows we both played pretty well although I ddnt feel that way, always felt like I was behind and about to lose at any minute!

Yeah cheers for the game. Was a bit of a stalemate at the end. I couldn't really see what to move without losing so was happy to repeat. Was an end of season kick about for the boys that one.
Analysis shows we both played pretty well although I ddnt feel that way, always felt like I was behind and about to lose at any minute!
Because it was a stalemate?

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Because it was a stalemate?

It was far from a stalemate. Both had Queen, a rook, a Bishop and about 5/6 pawns each. Im sure one of the more seasoned chess players would notice a possible attack but Neither of us was wanting to commit anything so we repeated moves. 

On 25/10/2021 at 19:08, Loki said:

Division A

GCarlos9 draws with Ziggy_the_spider

I accepted the draw, I was in the better position I think, but with the new fixtures out I couldn’t be arsed playing on.

I think you were better as well but it would have taken a mistake to lose it.

like you, I was glad to get it finished. I’ve played too many games recently.

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I think you were better as well but it would have taken a mistake to lose it.

like you, I was glad to get it finished. I’ve played too many games recently.

I also factored in the fact I would be more likely to make the error.  We’d have had another 15 moves each and after that we could still be even.  I’d liken it to watching a 0-0 between Burnley and Brighton.  It’s top league and it’s good quality, I just can’t be arsed watching it 😂

Edited by Loki
Stupid auto correct