Hibs v Rangers 27/1/21

7 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Ofcourse it's all about Morelos' ethnicity and nothing to do with the fact he stamped on someone, again.

A previous set of posts by @ali-91 went into a lot more detail about how rife unconscious bias was in Scottish society, I still think it's more to do with shirt colour but we must keep an open mind here Bob.

10 hours ago, bennett said:

A previous set of posts by @ali-91 went into a lot more detail about how rife unconscious bias was in Scottish society, I still think it's more to do with shirt colour but we must keep an open mind here Bob.

Given that it’s universally accepted as a red card offence, are you suggesting the SPFL don’t apply the rules, just in case there’s some subconscious racism at play? 

Daz McGregor throws Kamara to the ground then stamps on him, the SFA see nothing wrong with it.
Morelos has a tangle of legs with Portyous and stamps on his leg, the SFA swing into action.
There's been numerous incidents recently which haven't been rerefereed after a trial by sports media.

Is it shirt colour or skin colour that is the issue here?
There we go.

A previous set of posts by@ali-91 went into a lot more detail about how rife unconscious bias was in Scottish society, I still think it's more to do with shirt colour but we must keep an open mind here Bob.

Yes, shirt colour and ethnicity nothing to do with the repeat offender stamper.

Are Rangers saying they'd like the authorities to sanction clubs based on comments made by their supporters?
That would be some rabbit hole to go down.

Hibs are responsible for the content which they broadcast through official club channels, be that their TV channel, Twitter account, match programme, Instagram, Linkedin or Tinder accounts.

Irvine Welsh always seems like a complete arsehole too, a manchild in his 50s with utterly puerile patter.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Hibs are responsible for the content which they broadcast through official club channels, be that their TV channel, Twitter account, match programme, Instagram, Linkedin or Tinder accounts.

Irvine Welsh always seems like a complete arsehole too, a manchild in his 50s with utterly puerile patter.

Rangers can also ban any supporter caught singing offensive songs.

12 hours ago, bennett said:

Do you think it’s right that Rangers players escape on field punishment due to the colour of their strip?

14 minutes ago, ropy said:

Do you think it’s right that Rangers players escape on field punishment due to the colour of their strip?

To play devil’s advocate, when players from different clubs escape on field punishment AND escape retrospective action for identical offences, is that because the colour of their strip?

10 minutes ago, ropy said:

No one is asking for Morelos to be given special protection here, people are asking for a consistent retrospective disciplinary process.

There have been a grand total of three fast-track disciplinary notices given to players in the Premiership this season. Morelos accounts for two of them, Jason Holt the other.

Your disciplinary system either has to catch every serious incident that referees miss, or it simply doesn't get involved with on-field issues. All or nothing. Right now, it does neither. There have been absolutely loads of instances of unpunished violent conduct this season that the disciplinary system simply hasn't bothered to cite.

There's zero doubt that Morelos's offences get picked up because of his reputation from the 18/19 season. Everyone loses the run of themselves when he does something, as Irvine Welsh showed. We can't be running the disciplinary system based on the hysterical, emotional overreactions of fans and media.

My preference would be that the disciplinary system simply doesn't deal with retrospective action from on-field events, because the idea that justice is served by re-refereeing games and issuing bans for subsequent games is fundamentally stupid anyway. This argument is further strengthened by the evidence that shows the Scottish FA are absolutely terrible at running the disciplinary process.

1 minute ago, ropy said:

I guess they only go for the clear and obvious ones 

You're going to tell me there have only been three clear and obvious instances of unpunished violent conduct in the Premiership this season?

I'm a lot of things, but I'm not stupid. There have been multiple instances of violent conduct that went unpunished. The most recent occured last Wednesday when Patryk Klimala deliberately elbowed Jaze Kabia's face so hard it almost took his head off his shoulders. Sky picked it up and replayed it multiple times.

52 minutes ago, ropy said:

Equality, the same treatment must be applied to all teams. If one team has their games rerefereed and highly scrutinised then all teams must face the standards.

Right now the SFA are leaving themselves wide open to criticism. 

4 minutes ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Close the thread the 'Sticky's' are into full victim mode over a game they won due to not being victimised.

You’d think they’d bag at least 2 titles before they consumed themselves with the deeply ingrained conspiracy theories that Celtic have had for years.