Hibs v Rangers 27/1/21

27 minutes ago, G51 said:

Gerrard in his post-match interview saying that Rangers came into the game planning to exploit Porteous and knew they could drag him out of position and exploit the space he leaves.

Interesting.

And that was exactly the goal...

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Not as comfortable as I’d have liked it but I think we were well worth the win.

Morelos could’ve seen red but I think the slow-mo replays make it look worse than it was. Not saying it wasn’t a red mind you.

As others have said, Helander and Davis performed very well. I’ve also been very critical of Gerrard in the past regarding his subs but tonight they were excellent. Zungu, Itten and Roofe all contributed massively and I also thought Kent had a great final 25 minutes. Worked his arse off and chased down everything.

You can see the value of the bench right there.  All three improved us.  Roofe is a great asset and Zungu was top notch.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

And that was exactly the goal...

Yup. Said it loads of times but Porteous is far too aggressive to be a top centre back. Needs a lot of development on the mental side of the game.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Yup. Said it loads of times but Porteous is far too aggressive to be a top centre back. Needs a lot of development on the mental side of the game.

To paraphrase John Hughes, "He's a big strong laddie" and he wins most of his one on ones - but he just can't read the game.  Hence Hibs shipping 3 vs a toothless St J team at the weekend.

Darren McGregor was Hibs' best player tonight.

I'm still struggling to make a joke about Jackson Irvine - unlike his similarly named counterpart Jackson Pollo(c)k - not showing much artistry.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Not as comfortable as I’d have liked it but I think we were well worth the win.

Morelos could’ve seen red but I think the slow-mo replays make it look worse than it was. Not saying it wasn’t a red mind you.

As others have said, Helander and Davis performed very well. I’ve also been very critical of Gerrard in the past regarding his subs but tonight they were excellent. Zungu, Itten and Roofe all contributed massively and I also thought Kent had a great final 25 minutes. Worked his arse off and chased down everything.

Extremely pleasing to see Porteous stranded in no man’s land for Alfie’s winner.

I struggle to see what Aribo offers.  I don’t watch Rangers a lot but I’ve seen nothing from him that makes me think he’s a footballer.  I saw more from Zungu in his cameo tonight than I’ve ever seen from Aribo.

22 minutes ago, G51 said:

Problem is your many many *hot picks* are normally complete garbage.   Most in your situation would keep their head down and learn the game a little first.  

34 minutes ago, G51 said:

9 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Problem is your many many *hot picks* are normally complete garbage.   Most in your situation would keep their head down and learn the game a little first.  

You do realise he isnt actually Kris Boyd?

Edited by gannonball

36 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Perthshire Bell continuing his tradition of shite aliases and shite comments.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

Gerrard in his post-match interview saying that Rangers came into the game planning to exploit Porteous and knew they could drag him out of position and exploit the space he leaves.

Interesting.

Managers identify weaknesses in the opposition before every single game, yet it’s incredibly rare for a manager to actually come out after the game and name the players they’ve identified as a weakness.

If Gerrard’s actually come out and said that about a 21 year old defender it really shows him up to be a classless c**t. Also, after Gerrard’s meltdown regarding Porteous last season it’s nice to know he’s got a permanent rent free spot in his head.

1 hour ago, St. Jude said:

Managers identify weaknesses in the opposition before every single game, yet it’s incredibly rare for a manager to actually come out after the game and name the players they’ve identified as a weakness.

If Gerrard’s actually come out and said that about a 21 year old defender it really shows him up to be a classless c**t. Also, after Gerrard’s meltdown regarding Porteous last season it’s nice to know he’s got a permanent rent free spot in his head.

He was a bit exuberant in his post match interview. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Come on man, you seem a reasonable guy but you don't have to defend Rangers all the time.

Yeah, I’m probably clutching a bit admittedly but I do think it looks worse slowed down. I think he will still get a warranted retrospective ban though.

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'd forgotten about Hibs commissioning a painting of Portyous standing over a player and screaming at him, not a good look for them.

If you’re going to go down (or at least pretending to) the Pearl clutching route you really shouldn’t be liking posts celebrating of Morelos stamping on people at the same time.