Hibs v Rangers 27/1/21

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Gerrard hasn't seen it yet, but there were a number of incidents on both sides that he could have asked the ref about and didn't.

Take from that what you will...

Sounds like an Arsene Wenger style post match analysis

Pish game of football, baffling line up, baffling substitutions.

Porteous needs a break from the team, unfortunately we don’t have any centre halfs to bring in to replace him, Jack Ross could have signed one in 1 of the 3 windows he has had but instead we have 3 goalkeepers picking up a wage.

Hallberg is by far my least favourite player at the moment, always passing the buck and hiding, when he does get on the ball his passing is abysmal.

Irvine clearly isn’t fit because he was awful tonight.

Doig was our most dangerous player on the park, worrying when a teenage full back is your best attacking outlet but even more worrying when we sub him off early doors.

We are so boring to watch, overly cautious football, no identity, no leader, passive and weak.

Jack Ross saying we showed a reaction from Saturday, the guy is totally deluded and making a total tit of himself, yet again.

At this rate and with no fans in the ground and nothing going to change soon, I really can’t see myself renewing my season ticket for the first time in around 10 years, PPV for the next couple of games, again, I’m not sure I’ll bother.

Just now, Munoz said:

St Mirren TV need to try and get Irvine Welsh as part of their analysis team. That was highly amusing. 

It was the only good bit of this evening, tbf.

I can only wish and hope that the DABs are as accomodating to us on Saturday.....

That pitch was a bit of an equaliser today as it prevented Rangers from being at their free-flowing best but even with so much on the line it was a very comfortable 1-0 victory with minimal concern.

Davis, Kamara and Helander were superb. Roofe and Itten when they came on did really well also.

As for the “stamp”... you could sense the absolute seethe from the commentators as if they’d been robbed of an exciting game to commentate on. Ah well. 

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

It was the only good bit of this evening, tbf.

I can only wish and hope that the DABs are as accomodating to us on Saturday.....

I hope so to, and really hope you don't have to listen to their terrible commentary( although it was very amusing after the 5th went in)

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Jack Ross confirming that the ref saw the Morelos and Portyous incident and that it was purely accidental. 

Sore one for young Porty but it looked worse with Sky showing it in slow motion. 

.......and back on planet earth, this is his actual quote.

"On the Alfredo Morelos challenge, he says: "It's a red card. It's quite an easy one. We get the benefit of seeing it again but it's one that looks relatively straightforward in real time as well. It should have been seen and I'll just keep it at that."

14 minutes ago, Munoz said:

St Mirren TV need to try and get Irvine Welsh as part of their analysis team. That was highly amusing. 

I'm just waiting for Hibs to raid St.Mirren squad on deadline day to sign another centre-back. 

Not as comfortable as I’d have liked it but I think we were well worth the win.

Morelos could’ve seen red but I think the slow-mo replays make it look worse than it was. Not saying it wasn’t a red mind you.

As others have said, Helander and Davis performed very well. I’ve also been very critical of Gerrard in the past regarding his subs but tonight they were excellent. Zungu, Itten and Roofe all contributed massively and I also thought Kent had a great final 25 minutes. Worked his arse off and chased down everything.

Extremely pleasing to see Porteous stranded in no man’s land for Alfie’s winner.