The Amber Machine Cup Finalists vs The Pies, Kilmarnock

Formerly the Gary Holt Friendly Derby, now it's the Last Minute Robinson Thunderfuck Derby. 

I'm sure all Livi fans are still a bit giddy inside over that last minute winner, amidst our phenomenal run. Kilmarnock however, from what I can see have had what can only be described as a 'boring' time of it lately. 

A January window that consisted of trying to get anything, literally anything for Brophy before being Art of the Deal'd by St Mirren who get him on loan. 

I'd be expecting nothing less of us to go out there and get a win, we sat off St Mirren for ages and have a super deep squad to pull backup from. I can see Longridge possibly starting in this one, Brown at CB is a possibility too.

Edited by ATLIS

Livi win on my Saturday coupon. The yella juggernaut trundles on....
What about the wednesday coupon?

Could forgive the team if we dont win this one, given the results last month or so, especially the cup semi, but absolutely no reason we shouldn't be winning this.

Need to keep beating the top half of the bottom six teams to keep ourselves with breathing room in the top 6 which is surely the aim for the season now

If Kilmarnock were on the run that Livingston were on - before hosting a team below us in the league desperately needing a win...I'd see the previous couple of months as little more than an ominous development and start shiting myself that the traditionally charitable aspect of our personality would be coming to the fore again.

I can only hope that our pals over in West Lothian have a similar self identity...play to form and it's 2-0 to Livi with us recording a single shot on target.

Don't buy the Killie fans all saying we'll win this comfortably, we lost the last home game to them and scored a dramatic late winner at Rugby Park. Although the home game was under Holt and should have no bearing in this game, Killie are very up and down this season with their results, and i'm taking nothing for granted here, they're very much capable of stopping us making it 12 in a row under DM.

We can't afford any semi final hangovers, and will have to be up for this game. Wondering how many changes we'll see too, Robbo may need rested to the bench with this congested run of fixtures we'll need to use him wisely. So Reilly could start, similarly Forrest could come in for Mullin, and Brown/Longridge for Serrano. Only other position i can see is maybe Marv being rested (old fella may not cope with 2 games a week), so either Sibbald or Lawson playing alongside Holt.

53 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Don't buy the Killie fans all saying we'll win this comfortably, we lost the last home game to them and scored a dramatic late winner at Rugby Park. Although the home game was under Holt and should have no bearing in this game, Killie are very up and down this season with their results, and i'm taking nothing for granted here, they're very much capable of stopping us making it 12 in a row under DM.

We can't afford any semi final hangovers, and will have to be up for this game. Wondering how many changes we'll see too, Robbo may need rested to the bench with this congested run of fixtures we'll need to use him wisely. So Reilly could start, similarly Forrest could come in for Mullin, and Brown/Longridge for Serrano. Only other position i can see is maybe Marv being rested (old fella may not cope with 2 games a week), so either Sibbald or Lawson playing alongside Holt.

I'm with you L4E. I cant recall a single occasion when we've had an easy game against Killie. Their manager may not be flavour of the month with the support at the moment but he's no fool and will have seen us plenty of times recently so will have a good idea of what to expect.

We need to be like we were in the first fifteen minutes of the semi-final - not the remaining seventy-five.

19 hours ago, Durnford said:

I'm with you L4E. I cant recall a single occasion when we've had an easy game against Killie.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50611282

Did you miss this game? We were absolutely fucking hopeless that day. 

Livi fans, have no fear. We are absolutely awful, can't score, and our manager is as thick as two short planks. 

19 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50611282

Did you miss this game? We were absolutely fucking hopeless that day. 

Livi fans, have no fear. We are absolutely awful, can't score, and our manager is as thick as two short planks. 

Thanks for that. That was when you had Angelo Alessio as manager wasn't it; I'd forgotten he'd even existed.

Two things to watch out for as you get older; one is short term memory loss...

And the other is short term memory loss.

1 hour ago, deadasdillinger said:

We managed to score in each of the four matches before the Hibs game, one of which was actually against Livingston. We are a bit dull and definitely not a good team, but we are not "absolutely awful". Livi are clearly better than us, but I think we have seen in both games this season that we probably more than most other teams in the league have a style which can cancel them out a bit. They're definitely favourites, but I'm definitely not writing off our chances.

I'm also in the 'not buying that Killie are crap and Livi are amazing' camp.

From memory Killie haven't been pumped this season and have been solid enough for a few years now. Being favourites doesn't suit us well as I think we have to go out work really hard and hope it comes together up the park as opposed to being guaranteed to be on top and dominating possession. If we don't win the battle in the middle of the park it's totally up for grabs and I could see that happening against a Killie team. I think this will be a close run game with a goal either way at most. 

Edited by crispy

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

We managed to score in each of the four matches before the Hibs game, one of which was actually against Livingston.

I know you can be quite a humourless guy, but obviously I wasn't being literal when I said we can't score. I notice you looked at the 4 games before Hibs, but not the 4 before that where we scored a grand total of 0 goals. 

Football is all about opinions. You can disagree, but mine is that we are absolutely awful under Dyer, and nothing I've seen since he took charge in December 2019 has changed my mind. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Would be surprised if Dyer doesn't have them at it from the start given our exertions on Sunday.

Honestly we sat back on Saturday, so no excuses to be tired really. That must’ve been the least amount of running a Livi team has done in a long time 

1 minute ago, ATLIS said:

Honestly we sat back on Saturday, so no excuses to be tired really. That must’ve been the least amount of running a Livi team has done in a long time 

Honestly the team did the square root of phuque-all on Saturday.

Leastways they had a game on Sunday. :bounce2