2022 travel plans

Ylf

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Pretty sure you just need an LFT rather than a PCR, but it has to be done in person rather than a diy home kit. There might be a firm that does it by video link that the Yanks will accept, but I'd just book one at Boots or somewhere. Results are really quick, a PCR 24 hours before flying would be a nightmare, and very expensive to guarantee you got the results in time. Obviously don't book anything until about a week before your flight, you might not need one as you said.

Yeah prices for the pcr can go up to £150pp if you want a result within 12 hours or so, to guarantee it. 

Cheers, didn't know boots might do it

23 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Has anyone done the fit to fly pcr test thing? We need to get one no more than 24 hours before flying out to America in March, wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to go for it.

Hopefully come March the need for it might not be there but I doubt it

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Pretty sure you just need an LFT rather than a PCR, but it has to be done in person rather than a diy home kit. There might be a firm that does it by video link that the Yanks will accept, but I'd just book one at Boots or somewhere. Results are really quick, a PCR 24 hours before flying would be a nightmare, and very expensive to guarantee you got the results in time. Obviously don't book anything until about a week before your flight, you might not need one as you said.

You can get the lateral flow tests done in a branch of boots, that didnt work for us as they dont test kids my wee boy’s age. We went with a company called prenetics. £25 per person and its a video appointment. 

Anyone been to or booked up to go to Mexico? Booked up to go to Cancun on 25th January travelling Glasgow - Heathrow - Cancun (Same on way back). 

What is testing requirements currently? My understanding is there is nothing to go into Mexico however there may be something when I return home.

Also is there also any other documentation, covid or otherwise required. Think we will get a form to complete on plane. 

3 hours ago, the tactician said:

Looking at going to Krakow in the next couple of months, anyone any idea what the testing rules are etc?

also looking for recommendations on good places to eat ,

thanks

Current rules which could change at any time.. You need to fill in another passenger locator form for coming back and book an LFT back home, but I expect they'll drop the test and maybe the form by the time you go.

Demonstrating your COVID-19 status
Individuals 5 years and older, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, travelling from non-Schengen countries (including the UK) must present evidence on arrival of a negative pre-departure test (PCR or antigen/lateral flow) taken within 24 hours before crossing the border. The test result must be in English or Polish. You may be able to do the test at some airports on arrival no later than 3 hours after your arrival, please check the airport website before you travel. Certain individuals may be exempt from this requirement, please check the Polish government’s website for the latest guidance.

Poland will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record. Both digital and paper versions of the certificate are acceptable. If you are travelling with a printed PDF proof of vaccination status, it must date from 1 November 2021 to ensure that the certificate can be scanned successfully. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Edited by welshbairn

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Current rules which could change at any time.. You need to fill in another passenger locator form for coming back and book an LFT back home, but I expect they'll drop the test and maybe the form by the time you go.

one.thumb.jpg.72022bab9d418cf72315ee8a583299b5.jpg

Kraków is in Poland M8. 

3 hours ago, the tactician said:

also looking for recommendations on good places to eat ,

thanks

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/243897-krakow/page/3/#comments

I’m heading to Thailand in March with the gf as they’ve now reopened the Test & Go scheme.

Some insane, once in a lifetime deals to be had for hotels and the flight (Bangkok) was £370 return from Edinburgh.

The risk is testing positive on Day 1 and spending the trip in the hotel room.

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The day 2 tests on return to England are getting scrapped for fully vaxxed, the date to be announced later today. Hopefully Scotland will follow suit.

For flights returning after 4am Feb 11th. Passenger Locator Form still needs to be filled in.

P.S. Same for Scottish airports.

Edited by welshbairn

With travel easing up and Covid looking much better do we think more flights to European cities will start back up? Looking for flights for a stag in June and at the moment the only options are Krakow and Amsterdam, but even then the times aren’t great. Don’t want to leave it too much longer though.

We've got Netherlands (re) booked for April, but the Dutch rules for UK travellers are still very strict.  10 days quarantine, cut to 5 days with a negative test (that's even for folk who are vaccinated).

Now a waiting game to see if we come the "very high-risk country/area where there is NOT a virus variant of concern" list.

Edit: Good news https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2022/01/quarantine-to-be-dropped-for-travellers-after-booster-vaccine/

Edited by O_Kahn

Anyone dealt with Expedia when trying to cancel a booking? 

I was on the phone to them over an hour ago to cancel a booking, he said it was all sorted and I'd get a confirmation email and a full credit applied. No confirmation email as yet and still showing as active when I log in. Just wondering if they take a bit of time to update these things or if I'm going to have to call them back in a rage.

Hi, as a sports lover I travelled across Europe for watching football matches and explore it beauty as well. Now I have a plan to go to Qatar for football world cup. I hope it will become a great experience not only for me but for every football lover.

4 hours ago, tariqkhudair said:

Hi, as a sports lover I travelled across Europe for watching football matches and explore it beauty as well. Now I have a plan to go to Qatar for football world cup. I hope it will become a great experience not only for me but for every football lover.

Sort out buses from Dubai to Doha during the World Cup and you'll end up with a big bag of Dirhams.