SUPERBOWL LV

lichtie23

2 hours ago, The Golden God said:

IMG_1886.jpg

Mahomes mum having a meltdown on twitter, there’s a few more moaning about the refs and ESPN.

I only watched some of the 2nd Q - the succession of calls against KC were down to their own stupidity. Turning a field goal attempt into an automatic first down was impressively moronic. 

IMG_1886.thumb.jpg.36a3cdd9c700b462bfddc67eec105421.jpg

Mahomes mum having a meltdown on twitter, there’s a few more moaning about the refs and ESPN.
The 49ers play calling ultimately cost them last year's Superbowl, but the Chiefs got several favourable calls too. So f**k them.

I thought there were 2 or 3 last night that were borderline, but some of the ones the Chiefs D gave away were just sheer stupidity.

The PI in the endzone was absolute shocking decision.  At no point was that ball ever going to be catchable unless the receiver was next to the fan wall...  

... but, on literally every Mahones scramble, it was only doable because of major holding by the OL.  

There was a PI called earlier when the defender fell and tripped Evans. The ball was uncatchable then as well. The officiating was terrible

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

There was a PI called earlier when the defender fell and tripped Evans. The ball was uncatchable then as well. The officiating was terrible

Yep, was that not the same drive.  I actually believed it was Evans stride that tripped Breeland rather than the other way around  

Yep, was that not the same drive.  I actually believed it was Evans stride that tripped Breeland rather than the other way around  

Yea I think it was. The ball was 5-6 yards in front of Evans. No chance in hell he was catching it. But as always the official couldn’t wait to get the flag out

Watched the first half and fell asleep before the half time entertainment. Watched the rest this morning. Complete damp squib of a game after the build up but the injury to Mahomes was really limiting his effectiveness despite some of his acrobatic throws. The Bucs D was simply outstanding. The perfect blend of bringing pressure and sitting deep to begin with was really effective. And by the time the Chiefs started running and throwing the ball shorter the lead was too much to eat into even for Mahomes. The officiating was definitely more..."rigorous" than previous Super Bowls that's for sure.

8 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

What the f**k is Winfield doing that for? Moron

Hill did the same to him earlier in the season. So Winfield got it right up the horrible thug b*****d in the game that really mattered. Great stuff.

A very surprising result last night. The first time I think the Chiefs have been comfortably beaten since Mahomes has been in the league, and ended all kinds of amazing Mahomes-related stats. This Bucs defence really has played a brilliant playoffs, neutralising the two best QBs in the league from the regular season in the two biggest games. Naturally, the attention is all on Brady for his career accomplishments, but this win was all defence, and specifically all DL.

f**k the Chiefs.

Edited by Nightmare

As was said during the game, if it weren't the #BradyBowl, MVP was easily Devin White. Topped with his endzone interception, he easily eclipsed Gronk & the GOAT in his display being crucial to the Buc's win.

Had a few hours sleep, so thankful to be working from home.

It was teriffic game if you were a Bucs fan. they played the perfect game on defence and the offense picked a part a very iffy Chiefs defence.

Saw it in a few places, the refs did not cost the chiefs the game, the chiefs did that all on thier own, the penalty at the field goal was the worst. For all the praise Beniemy/Reid get last night showed how 1 dimensional they are. The Bucs double covered Hill and Kelce and they couldn't/wouldn't change it.

I really want to dislike Maholmes but he can do amazing things. those 2 throws on the last drive (?) where he was scrambling for his life, and every other QB would have taken a sack, were amazing to watch. I do fear for the longevity of his career though. that OLine was letting the rushers through at will and his legs/ankles have already had a fair few injuries.

Lets hope next year we can have a proper training camp and Deshaun Watson at QB for the bronco's

The Weeknd is a great singer. Chuck in some Max Martin magic and you can't really go wrong. He's not a performer though, yet. Perhaps the lack of on field audience played a part but he didn't seem entirely comfortable.

The match itself was one of the more boring NFL games I've seen. Which is to say, still very entertaining in parts. As someone said earlier I wish every QB slung audacious passes while being hit as Mahomes does.

12 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

KC whinging about the zebras, when the only reason they got past Cleveland was because the refs didn't call an egregious spear on the Tee Higgins 'fumble' at the goal line. :unsure2:

Tbf, only reason Tampa got out of Washington was the zebras.  Shit happens.

Not sure the Chiefs have much to complain about as ALL of Mahomes great scrambles had major holding by the OL...