SUPERBOWL LV

lichtie23

8 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Boo Khaki, what are your thoughts on McPake?

Clueless. No idea how to build a side, no idea how to use players to their strengths, or recognise what's wrong with a team and how to go about fixing it. I'd been screaming about us missing a box-to-box midfielder for about 18 months. It took the arrival of Charlie Adam and him suggesting to McPake to play McGhee in that role for it to be sorted. Team has looked night and day since that change was made. I've no idea how it apparently went unnoticed by the entire staff at Dens that our midfield simply wasn't working because of a lack of athleticism and movement, but there you go. We'll be in this division until we win it by default or McPake is binned. There's no chance we win the league because of his management.

Must admit, as someone who is about to hit the big 6-0, I didn’t know much about The Weeknd until the SB H/T news. I knew the name, but not any of their choons. A couple of days ago, I boldly shouted across the room ‘Alexa. Shuffle songs by The Weeknd’. Thought they were pretty bloody good.
I did pretty much exactly the Sam's about a week ago.

Nice to have potentially someone decent doing the half time show.

A lot of ths hatred of the Chiefs chimes with NFC North fans opinions of the Packers.

Wears you down when a team in your division has 2 Hall of Fame QBs in a row and lots of glory hunters coming out of the woodwork. As a person, Rodgers seems pretty decent, but when he's regularly sweeping your team, it gets a bit tiresome.

Leaving team allegiances aside, nobody can deny the apparent ease, generally, in how the Chiefs move the ball up and down the field. It is seriously impressive stuff. 

Innovative, forward thinking playcalling, bold and inventive when it needs to be, yet always fairly simple in its design. When you have truly elite players in their position like Kelce and Hill being thrown the ball by a true generational talent like Mahomes it is fantastic to watch. 

Sprinkle in Hardman, Robinson and a run game of Lev Bell, CEH and Mahomes, when he needs it, and its a tough machine to keep up with, let alone defeat.

Fascinating to see if the Bucs can keep up. On reflection Green Bay had their chances at the weekend and didn't take them. 

Taylor Heinecke threw for over 300 yards against them in the previous round. They can't have a similar plan for Mahomes or he'll be adding a 50% premium onto Heinecke's total for sure by way of thanks. 

Chiefs - 3 looks very tempting. Line likely to move up. 

On 26/01/2021 at 14:14, BukyOHare said:

Fascinating to see if the Bucs can keep up. On reflection Green Bay had their chances at the weekend and didn't take them. 

Taylor Heinecke threw for over 300 yards against them in the previous round. They can't have a similar plan for Mahomes or he'll be adding a 50% premium onto Heinecke's total for sure by way of thanks. 

Worth remembering TB started without 1, and played the entire second half without both, of their starting safeties in Green Bay. I expect both will play in the Super Bowl.

The key to the game will be Mahomes' toe. If he isn't able to run as much as he would like, then Tampa will get to him in the backfield in a way that Buffalo could not.

If that happens, then it could go either way.

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

Worth remembering TB started without 1, and played the entire second half without both, of their starting safeties in Green Bay. I expect both will play in the Super Bowl.

The key to the game will be Mahomes' toe. If he isn't able to run as much as he would like, then Tampa will get to him in the backfield in a way that Buffalo could not.

If that happens, then it could go either way.

Good points well made mate.

I would say that Mahomes' mobility seemed a lot better against the Bills than it did against the Browns. Another fortnight can only help him 

It also gives Reid and Bienemy the chance to help Mahomes if he is in some way limited.

And at the same time gives them another opportunity to show their excellence off a bye week. 

41 minutes ago, CountyFan said:

I keep seeing 'lupe pinto chilli', what is this please? I make a banging chilli as it is, but always happy to take further direction. 

https://www.lupepintos.com/lupe-pintos-famous-chile-con-carne

Anyway, my thoughts on this were in the AFC championship thread, but there's a potential sketch in it...

Picture a Bills fan following the loss to Houston in the 2019 WC round and Tom Brady is still in New England. A Bills fan from the future appears and explains that by the end of Jan 2021...

Josh Allen will take a huge leap forward and unironically be in the MVP conversation

The Bills will trade for Stefon Diggs who will lead the NFL in receiving yards

They'll score over 500 points in the season and go 13-3

They'll win the division for the first time since 1995

They''ll beat the Patriots home and away and NE misses the playoff for the first time in years.

In fact they'll go 6-0 in the division 

They'll win 2 playoff games for the first time in 27 years

The 2019 Bills fan will say "why are you telling me this, we're not allowed good things, this all sounds amazing"

The future fan wlill then say, "yeah but fucking Brady and Gronk are still in the Super Bowl"

and then on the way out he turns back and mentions something about a global pandemic, but that's not important right now.

So lads, what is your favourite Super Bowl memory? And what was the 1st Super Bowl memory?

My favourite is the Tyree helmet catch that set my Giants up to beat the unbeaten Patriots. My 1st memory is watching the Giants vs Bills in 91 with my dad over 2 nights. He had recorded it on the Sunday night and we watched the 1st half on the Monday and the 2nd half on the Tuesday

Favourites ‘this ones for John’ and ‘this ones for Pat’ is hard to separate them.

First Super Bowl memory is Denver getting beaten by the giants in ‘86, then getting pumped by Washington in ‘87. I became a Denver fan this year as it was the second time I had see them.

2 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

So lads, what is your favourite Super Bowl memory? And what was the 1st Super Bowl memory?

My favourite is the Tyree helmet catch that set my Giants up to beat the unbeaten Patriots. My 1st memory is watching the Giants vs Bills in 91 with my dad over 2 nights. He had recorded it on the Sunday night and we watched the 1st half on the Monday and the 2nd half on the Tuesday

Started watching in 1991.  Got to witness the greatest ever side to win the Superbowl as the 'Skins beat the Bills.  As a young kid if I knew what I do now 😥

Tbf, I agree with you on my favourite 

5 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Elway's 'helicopter' scramble v's GB.

Even though it was a donkeys win, I was desperate for an AFC win just to prove it was possible to beat the NFC in the Superbowl.  First SB I watched was Bears/Pats in '86, so I'd waited 12 years to see it finally happen.