SUPERBOWL LV

lichtie23

Whats the source of the Cheifs hate on here? Despite beating my team in the Superbowl last year and putting out the Bills who I had backed for the whole thing this year I have no real beef with them.

Tyreek Hill is clearly a fanny with his domestic violence/ beating a kid crimes but the NFL is littered with that shit sadly.

Apart from him people like Kelce and Mahommes seem fairly down to earth compared to other superstars, Andy Reid is an OG, they're a small market team with a strong fan base, you can't deny they're exciting to watch, etc.

A win for Brady here and he is unquestionably the GOAT, I mean he probably is anyway but you can argue for a couple of others at the minute. If he wins 7 with 2 different teams there is no argument against it so I'll be half heartedly wanting the Chiefs to win.

Should be a good game and I'll be spending the next 12 days contemplating my smorgasbord.

24 minutes ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Whats the source of the Cheifs hate on here? Despite beating my team in the Superbowl last year and putting out the Bills who I had backed for the whole thing this year I have no real beef with them.

Tyreek Hill is clearly a fanny with his domestic violence/ beating a kid crimes but the NFL is littered with that shit sadly.

Apart from him people like Kelce and Mahommes seem fairly down to earth compared to other superstars, Andy Reid is an OG, they're a small market team with a strong fan base, you can't deny they're exciting to watch, etc.

A win for Brady here and he is unquestionably the GOAT, I mean he probably is anyway but you can argue for a couple of others at the minute. If he wins 7 with 2 different teams there is no argument against it so I'll be half heartedly wanting the Chiefs to win.

Should be a good game and I'll be spending the next 12 days contemplating my smorgasbord.

It’s not Chiefs hate (IMHO), it’s ‘hate’ towards any team who win, and win, and win. Like wanting anyone to win as long as it isn’t Celtic or Sevco, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Even in rugby, I have been to New Zealand and loved the place, but by Christ, I’m sick of the All Blacks and like nothing more than seeing them get pumped. The Chiefs, to my eyes, look like being a dominant force for years to come, and it’s not something I want to see. Go Bucs. Even with Brady and Gronk.

6 hours ago, Uncle Psychosis said:

Spent most of the last few years supporting "anyone but the Patriots" but weirdly I'd quite like Tampa to win this one despite the presence of the evil overlord. 

I was always “anyone but the Pats” but that was just because they won all the time rather than actually disliking them. Now it’s much worse because the Chiefs are our biggest rivals and their fans are already smug c***s despite having achieved nothing ever before Mahomes turned up, so can’t wait to find out how bad they’ll be when they’ve won a bunch of titles.

It’s going to be about 15 years of “anyone but the hicks” now.

2 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

For me it’s mainly that they’re already our rivals, but unlike our other big rivals (Broncos), there’s something inherently dislikable about certain people associated with the Chiefs. Everyone knows about Hill so I’ll not say anything else about that scumbag, but they’ve also got Bienemy who has a fairly lengthy rap sheet including sexual harassment (which might explain why the guy can’t get a HC gig...)

I wouldn’t call Kelce ‘down to earth’ either. I don’t think he’s a bad guy like the two mentioned above, but he’s a big arrogant b*****d and when a guy like that has been beating you twice a year for the best part of a decade that gets pretty tiresome. :lol:

Nothing particularly against Mahomes or Reid and they’re the two biggest factors in the Chiefs winning. Plenty of other stuff to dislike, though.

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Expect the da's to be greeting all over social media about the half time show & how *insert dad rock band here* should be playing instead.

Must admit, as someone who is about to hit the big 6-0, I didn’t know much about The Weeknd until the SB H/T news. I knew the name, but not any of their choons. A couple of days ago, I boldly shouted across the room ‘Alexa. Shuffle songs by The Weeknd’. Thought they were pretty bloody good.

Whats the source of the Cheifs hate on here?

A win for Brady here and he is unquestionably the GOAT,

It’s not really hate, I just can’t stand them. Divisional rivals aside they have players I just can’t stand.

Hill is a lot more than a fanny. Beating a kid and wanting him to fear you is ridiculous. Their double standards with keeping him and ditching Hunt, just because Hill is a better player. Kelce is a Cnut, didn’t know about Bieniemy but that’s another reason. Tapping up players... I could be here all day.

I am very impressed with Maholmes, it’s hard not to be. But I hate him too as we are going to have to play him for the next x amount of years unless Reid brakes him.

For Brady, I’m not idiotic enough to claim he’s not a quality QB but you have to put a * against his legacy. He profited from Belichick’s cheating and how long was his balls being deflated for before he was caught? For these reasons he’s not the GOAT for me.

15 minutes ago, steelmen said:

For Brady, I’m not idiotic enough to claim he’s not a quality QB but you have to put a * against his legacy. He profited from Belichick’s cheating and how long was his balls being deflated for before he was caught? For these reasons he’s not the GOAT for me.

Someone come and get their da.

8 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Chiefs will win. They’ll win it next year. They’ll win it the year after. The Chiefs are the new Patriots. Mahomes is the new Brady. Kelce is the new Gronk. The Broncos, Raiders, and Chargers are the new Jets, Dolphins, and Bills. Diddy fodder to be scraped off Mahomes shoes, year after year. Reid is the new Belichick. Hunt is the new Kraft. Arrowhead is the new Gillette. The AFC West is the new AFC East. The Chiefs, like the Patriots, could fall in a barrel of shite, yet somehow, come out smelling of roses.

Depressing, isn’t it. In two years time, everyone will hate the Chiefs though, and want anyone else to win.

Nope. It's awesome.