Worst football catering?

14 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Yip. Unfortunately, we have / had to accept the Hampden arrangements. Hopefully we get it right at Lesser. There's money to be made in pies but it's really important to get the quality and price right. I'll buy two pies if they're good.

Good ones in our division: Brechin, Edinburgh City, Stenny, Stirling, ...ach probably them all if you've had a drink. Hampden's are ridiculously overpriced.

Arturo's should do some sort of deal for catering at Lesser Hampden, his sandwiches are amazing. You need to be patient though! I reckon at the rate he makes them he could easily sell 5, maybe even 6 sandwiches over 90 minutes!

Two trips to Berwick spring to mind.

The deep fried pie that stuck to the plate.

And then my next visit for a midweek cup game the wee lad in front of me in the queue asked for a cheeseburger...  "No problem" said the lady... and put an uncooked burger onto the grill to cook...  a bit of a wait for my pie and bovril that evening!  I seem to remember this was from a stall inside the stand..  the deep-fried pie from a stall beside the stand.

Elgin pies are good - but no "Scotch" were harmed in the making.. steak or steak mince with us... I do love a good scotch pie.

New years day game at Forfar - so looking forward to a bridie - needn't have.. it was awful!

And finally.  In the Highland League days at Elgin.  I asked for a Bovril.. "Sorry none left"   "Ok, coffee with milk and two please"... traipsed back to my seat.. sipped my coffee.. to find they DID have bovril left... and I had one with milk and sugar. Yuk!

Haven’t had the chance to sample League Two catering this season, but I do like Bain’s pies - as at Edinburgh City. They’re mince pies rather than scotch pies though.

Best pies in recent seasons have always been at East Fife.

Sadly, Stranraer’s catering is one of the poorer offerings.
Last time I got a pie there it was cold, and pink in the middle, when I asked about it they said it was meant to be that way,

Our pies are good, they come from Christies a local bakery, they won worlds best scotch pie a few years ago

Best away ground, Edinburgh City have top quality stuff, Elgin used to have home made sausage rolls which were magic at the pie stall in the away end

Never had a pie at Berwick (glad now after reading this thread) but their sausage suppers were good. 

On Hampden, I remember at a Scotland game a couple of years ago I noticed they were charging a fiver for the rollover hot dogs that you can get in your local co-op for £2 😂

4 hours ago, gordon9736 said:

Surprised no-one mentioned how good Elgin City's sausage rolls and pies are especially how cheap they are.

True a love the macaroni pies and steak pies havent tried the sausage rolls to be honest maybe when were aloud back in grounds and true there cheap compared to some other grounds even cheaper than some highland leagie ground ive been to