St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

21 minutes ago, Sh*teAndMuck said:

Oh there’s a question. I taped the game on Sky Q. If I cancel the Premier Sports subscription will the recording be deleted? Anybody know?

It'll be blocked. I cancelled after taking it out for the Spartak Trnava game and couldn't watch it, although it stayed on planner and when I subscribed again last year, I could view it again. 

2 minutes ago, subtleapple said:

I don't want to rub it in as I am sure we were all somewhat questioning Davidson's selection before the match, but he really has controlled that match with his picks. The most solid Saints have looked defensively this season? Thought the back 3 and Craig were excellent in their roles all game.

I was one who questioned it, and who got it wrong. Will watch the game back and see why I got it wrong. Bit hard to care about whos marking space when watching a Final 😅

Davidson was brave in going for what he felt was best rather than buckling to form/emotion. It could've backfired but its surely promising he's willing to change things if he feels like it gives us a better chance of winning. 

Absolutely deserves credit for this trophy.

2 minutes ago, subtleapple said:

I don't want to rub it in as I am sure we were all somewhat questioning Davidson's selection before the match, but he really has controlled that match with his picks. The most solid Saints have looked defensively this season? Thought the back 3 and Craig were excellent in their roles all game.

I wouldn't be surprised, Livi never looked like sniffing at a goal after Rooney's header went in. Can't say you didn't deserve it on merit, had the game sussed from that point on and comfortably the best team on the pitch.

Just saw on facebook*, apparently this is the first time this century that a Scottish trophy has been won by an all Scottish team.

*Caveat: Can confirm that all who played for Saints today were born in Scotland, have not researched further to confirm if it is a first.

And one who is poor defensively. If you want to deal with Rooney you play a good attacking wide player against him and turn him. He can very quickly go from being a dangerous threat to a big weakness. 
Well done Saints, delighted you won the cup. 

Exactly we had him at Queens and he was a huge threat going forward but a big weakness when defending. As you say Livvy should have attacked him constantly. That said he is good guy and Saints were very deserved winners.

4 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Exactly we had him at Queens and he was a huge threat going forward but a big weakness when defending. As you say Livvy should have attacked him constantly. That said he is good guy and Saints were very deserved winners.

Hibs tried that with Jamie Murphy, and Rooney spent the second half of our 3-0 win that day ragdolling their entire left hand side single handed.

Boys a monster.

Martindale got the tactics formation wrong, saying that, when Livi play bad as I've said in the past, it's not just a couple of players it's usually 8 or 9.

Devlin,Guthrie,Robbo,Sibbald, can be please enough with their contribution and effort..

When you're full Midfield are anonymous there's something not right, this needs looked into. This has been happening  on a more regular basis ,  since the second half of the St Mirren semi..

There are to many Midfielders with a tendency to drop back too deep Barclay and Holt like the defensive midfield positions, but what I've been seeing lately Mullin and Pittman have been playing more in their own half, even Lawson who was utter  crap, just won't run forward with the ball.
Robbo is getting no support from the midfield runners, the three forward midfielders in the team, when on the ball or not, should be getting into the box, not hanging back in their own half...
Devlin a full back done more attacking than Mullin, Pittman and Lawson together.
So I'm asking myself, is it just a coincidence that you're 5 midfielders are playing shite at the same time, on more than one occasion,  or are there other things happening that I can't work out..

McCrorie  4/10  Not much to do

Devlin    6/10  Done well, looked interested .

Ambrose   4/10  Not great, at least tried

Guthrie   6/10  Good enough

Serrano   2/10  No strong running with ball. Rarely seen

Lawson    0/10  Lazy, no enthusiasm, absolutely  useless

Holt      0/10  Invisible, no chasing, absolutely useless

Mullin    0/10  1 shot, then done his usual disappeared, absolutely useless

Pittman   0/10  Was he playing ? Done nothing, absolutely useless

Bartley   2/10  Out of position

Robinson  6/10  Played well, no help from a shambles of a midfield

Jet       3/10   Managed to get on the ball, done nothing positive

Sibbald   6/10  Done well, looked interested the time he was on. 

Reilly    1/10  No impact

Forrest   5/10  Tried,Ok for the time on the park

I was one who questioned it, and who got it wrong. Will watch the game back and see why I got it wrong. Bit hard to care about whos marking space when watching a Final [emoji28]

Don't be so harsh on yourself. If Davidson had listened to you they might have won 2-0.

39 minutes ago, Radford said:

It'll be blocked. I cancelled after taking it out for the Spartak Trnava game and couldn't watch it, although it stayed on planner and when I subscribed again last year, I could view it again. 

Oh well, never mind. Thanks for that! Better watch it over and over before cancelling!

Conceding the centre of the midfield *and* nullifying yourself as a threat down your left hand side was a mental call from Martindale. If you want to press Rooney back make him defend, don’t tell him he needs to win a foot race or a physical contest going forward, because that’s not going to work.

Brilliant on so many levels from us. Big party required when allowed.