St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

The BBC can’t show a cup final that they don’t have the rights to.

I know that, it shows how poorly run our game is when we have a chance to show that our game is not just about two teams but the rights have been sold to a company that only appeared to be interested in showing games involving certain teams.
Promotion of the whole Scottish game and consideration of the fans seems to be an afterthought.

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I know that, it shows how poorly run our game is when we have a chance to show that our game is not just about two teams but the rights have been sold to a company that only appeared to be interested in showing games involving certain teams.
Promotion of the whole Scottish game and consideration of the fans seems to be an afterthought.

If the BBC wanted it, they could have matched the bid.

Livi win please. Purely selfish reasons, we saw when we won this cup our form went right out of the window. Hopefully if Livi win this will happen to them and we might (*might*) be able to take advantage and jump above them in the league.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

Livi fans happy with their team? 

McCrorie instead of Stryjek and Lawson instead of Sibbald probably the only real surprises.

McCrorie was really disappointing at the start of the season, Stryjek stepped in and was excellent. Recently he's looked really shaky though and McCrorie was great when he came in recently.

Sibbald carrying a knock is the only reason I can think that he's not playing, unless he's been absolutely fucking honking in training.

Edited by LiviLion

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Conway in for Melamed, otherwise the same XI as last week.

I was against that exact swap for the semi final but I was absolutely proven wrong by how Conway played in that game. I hope it’s the right choice again.

You mean how he played in the second half? 

Not what I would have wanted but have to trust the manager, let's hope he's called this one right.

COYS.

When I woke up this morning I felt that I had to watch a Scottish cup final, particularly as neither of them are in it, so a few of my pennies have gone to Premier Sports today.  No idea who I want to win but hoping for a decent match. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Jason Kerr quite confident just now. “What do you need to do to win the Cup, Jason?”  “Just turn up.”

I get where you’re coming from, but he’s not wrong. Two evenly matched teams and there are no real favourites today. It’s a case of whoever plays best wins, which is pretty refreshing for a final instead of the usual clear favourites. 

Also zero surprises that Conway is in for Melamed. May be harsh, but Melamed’s only really ineffectual game this season came versus Livi and Conways big match experience might just help in a tight situation. He’s also very very good at winning free kicks. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Jason Kerr quite confident just now. “What do you need to do to win the Cup, Jason?”  “Just turn up.”

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

I get where you’re coming from, but he’s not wrong.

Lets hope a couple St Johnstone players got lost on their way, disappointed if we know the winner before the game even starts

I just think we need two up front v Livi as they force you long. Kane will do nothing on his alone v their two CBs.

It also means our midfield will struggle to be involved as its 2v3 in there, and Livi drop Robinson in there too, so Craig will end up deep leaving McCann on his own v Bartley and Holt.

It just makes little sense to me against Livingston. Feel like Davidson has picked this system based on the occasion, rather than the opponent.