St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

27 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Shocking behaviour, kick them out, reinstate the semi-finalists etc etc...

I'd be inclined to restart it from the second round, tbqhwy.

Congrats to the St Johnstone boys on here, I’ve purposely stayed off here because I’m not gonna lie it hurt a lot watching that yesterday. 

We spoke about it today though, that was just as hard lol. 

Can listen here - https://talklivipodcast.libsyn.com

Again to reiterate, my genuine congratulations to you lads, a thoroughly deserved win, as hard as that is to say. Still gutted. 

On 28/02/2021 at 18:01, Shipa said:

Just saw on facebook*, apparently this is the first time this century that a Scottish trophy has been won by an all Scottish team.

*Caveat: Can confirm that all who played for Saints today were born in Scotland, have not researched further to confirm if it is a first.

Yep, first time it's been done since Aberdeen in 1995.

Fair play to the Saintees I never thought I'd see that happen again 👍

19 hours ago, tree house tam said:

The thing with Guy, I felt quite sorry for the bloke. If there's a guy at your workplace who's new to the country and can't speak the language that great you'd be going out your way to include him in things and trying to bring him into all the celebrations etc.

Not quite sure that many Saints players did tbh.

Don't worry Tam, your son got involved.

EvbmjJIXIAUGmKi.thumb.jpeg.15809d6331e98df4042d7b30c6cd7cec.jpeg

Edited by RandomGuy.

12 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Congrats to the St Johnstone boys on here, I’ve purposely stayed off here because I’m not gonna lie it hurt a lot watching that yesterday. 

We spoke about it today though, that was just as hard lol. 

Can listen here - https://talklivipodcast.libsyn.com

Again to reiterate, my genuine congratulations to you lads, a thoroughly deserved win, as hard as that is to say. Still gutted. 

Enjoyed listening to that (and not simply to revel in others' misery).

2 hours ago, derek_holmes said:

Enjoyed listening to that (and not simply to revel in others' misery).

Thanks very much for listening, we pride ourselves in being very fair in our assessment of games. 
It wasn’t easy to record but we will go again lol. 
Congratulations once again. 

Thanks very much for listening, we pride ourselves in being very fair in our assessment of games. 
I enjoyed that, excellent listen. If only your arse of a chairman could bring himself to behave like that in defeat. Great stuff from you guys though.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
19 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

I enjoyed that, excellent listen. If only your arse of a chairman could bring himself to behave like that in defeat. Great stuff from you guys though.

I particularly liked the bits about man for man I wouldn't take any St Johnstone players over ours and "we deserved that silverware" :lol:

delicious. 

I particularly liked the bits about man for man I wouldn't take any St Johnstone players over ours and "we deserved that silverware" :lol:
delicious. 

From memory he had a go at people last year who complained about the lack of hot water at Almondvale.

2 hours ago, tree house tam said:

delicious. 

Opinions are like arseholes aren’t they? We all have one 🤷‍♂️. Before the game would I have taken any St Johnstone players over our players? No. Think it’s fare to back your own players, After the game all our shitebags can go f**k themselves 😂

As for the “we deserved that silverware” he finished that sentence by saying St Johnstone deserved it and congratulated you, as we all did because you did deservedly beat us. 

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
22 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

Thanks for listening, John Ward is a good guy he’s been terrific for our football club but I can’t defend him for his social media antics at times. 
It was all very cringe and I’d rather he just came out and said congratulations, as much as we are all disappointed how you handle yourself after disappointment says a lot about someone, and let’s be honest there will be more disappointment following Livi than anything lol. 

10 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Before the game would I have taken any St Johnstone players over our players? No. Think it’s fare to back your own players

This was the only bit that raised an eyebrow from my perspective. I see where you're coming from regarding backing your own team, but I doubt David Martindale would turn his nose up at Ali McCann, for example.

5 minutes ago, derek_holmes said:

This was the only bit that raised an eyebrow from my perspective. I see where you're coming from regarding backing your own team, but I doubt David Martindale would turn his nose up at Ali McCann, for example.

Maybe not, but as I said I think it’s only fair to back your own team, don’t forget a group of players who went 14 unbeaten and a group of players who are close to taking us into to top 6 again this season. 
As I said, before the game I wouldn’t change that opinion, afterwards though and with hindsight I’d swap them all because one set of players wanted it more as I said, and it was St Johnstone players not ours. 

Edited by andylivi1