St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

17 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Nice wee shot of Bartley greeting there.

Maybe should of tried playing football and not just trying to stamp on and elbow Rooney. 

Embarrassing stuff.

Pretty sure I saw him recently (on Sportscene or AVFTT) saying that this was last chance of winning something in his footballing career.

He knows he's bowing out empty handed.

Eta: other than  a Scottish Cup medal with Hibs.  :unsure: Must be thinking of somebody else.

Edited by Hedgecutter

St Johnstone, doing St Johnstone 'hings.

Outstanding individual performances all round, not a single flaw. Delighted for Craig and Kane, for differing reasons, just a shame Murray Davidson couldn't get on the park.

Just now, Hedgecutter said:

Pretty sure I saw him recently (on Sportscene or AVFTT) saying that this was last chance of winning something in his footballing career.

He knows he's bowing out empty handed.

For clarity - Nothing embarrassing about greeting. 

Embarrassing to have spent your whole day trying to wind up and get the opposition sent off instead of trying to play your own game, seeing as Livi's own game has been pretty spectacular this season.

Well done St Johnstone, as comfortable a 1-0 win as you’ll ever see. Livi reminded me of St Mirren in the semi, absolutely no urgency or pressing towards the end of the game.

Chris Kane was man of the match for me aside from that hilarious pass.
This! Thought Kane was terrific. Rooney was great as well.

Clark deserves credit for a big save at an important time too

49 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Imagine sacrificing your whole team shape to mark a wingback/ full back and despite that guess who has scored the goal???

And one who is poor defensively. If you want to deal with Rooney you play a good attacking wide player against him and turn him. He can very quickly go from being a dangerous threat to a big weakness. 

Well done Saints, delighted you won the cup. 

Edited by Waspie

Congratulations to St Johnstone, who join the Edinburgh clubs in the elite tier of multiple cup winners this century.

Unlucky Livingston, perhaps it's time to move the franchise away from a silly little town full of roundabouts.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair to say Davidson has once again overtaken Tommy Wright as St Johnstone's biggest ever legend now that he also has a cup (and his playing career)?

Getting the first cup, and the big cup, plus the European qualifications makes this a tough call. If Davidson could get us into Europe at some point he probably edges it.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Fair to say Davidson has once again overtaken Tommy Wright as St Johnstone's biggest ever legend now that he also has a cup (and his playing career)?

Tommy Wright was arguably our  greatest ever manager (always an argument Ormond was better), but I don't think he was ever our greatest ever Saint, if you're including playing career.

David Wotherspoon is now a certified legend though.

Close to being one of our record appearance holders, only player to start 2 major Finals, and one of a select few to have 2 major winner medals for the club.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tommy Wright was arguably our  greatest ever manager (always an argument Ormond was better), but I don't think he was ever our greatest ever Saint, if you're including playing career.

David Wotherspoon is now a certified legend though.

Close to being one of our record appearance holders, only player to start 2 major Finals, and one of a select few to have 2 major winner medals for the club.

Shame he spent the second of these "major Finals" diving about the place, the sort of thing that would usually treat us to several of your tear-stained match thread updates.