St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

Strange Saturday - had to work due to a horribly timed event today but mind completely elsewhere. Thought I had strange work nerves but realised later where they actually came from... properly shitting it now.

I’d like to see the usual back 5 but with Tanser for Booth, Ali and Craig in the middle with Wotherspoon ahead but behind Melamed and Kane. I think the only likely change from Davidson is Conway for Melamed but I actually think my above is the exact team he will put out.

Think it was Radford that said leave no regrets on the pitch - completely agree, well put. This team is really capable. I’d like to see us show what we can do: quick and snappy on the ball without just punting it, press effectively, create chances. The nagging little feeling I have is that I suspect the result will come down to whether we take our chances. A poor performance from us across the pitch is really rare this season, but sadly a poor performance in the final third is much more common.

Win, please.

This final features the top two scoring teams in the competition this season by quite a distance.  Livi lead the way on 22, with Saints next on 18.

Top scorer in the tournament is Livi's Alan Forrest on 7, next comes Stevie May tied on 5.

The only teams to take part in this year's Betfred Cup and fail to score a single goal are Cowdenbeath and, what makes it even more embarrassing for the Blue Brazil, is that they share the honour with Celtic.

I can see a lot of problems with this formation 4-2-3-1, which I think will happen ,this is a defensive setup, Bartley and Holt's instinct 
is to sit deep .Sibbalds fitness is questionable, Mullin will have to stop drifting out the games, as he's been doing lately , Robbo will be isolated up front, I don't see many chances being created, who's going to score. Play this formation you'll be giving up midfield, and then hope you're  wingbacks are full of running
My formation would be a 4-4-2,I would add Lawson to midfield, and any players that start to hide, or look unfit get them off pronto.

Livi's probable team  to start

Max

Devlin-Efe-Guthrie-Serrano

Holt-Bartley

Mullin-Pitts-Sibbald

Robbo

I’m a bit biased here but my mate  Shaun Rooney plays for Saints and I’m desperate to see him win the cup with Saints. 

On current form the Perth saints are definitely favourites but in a cup final between two pretty evenly matched sides, it’s a very hard one to call. 

Good luck to both teams it’s a real shame the fans don’t get to experience that special cup final day out at Hampden.

You can watch it online through the Premier player. Think it's £12.99 a month without a promo code.
That or Hesgoal.

£12.99 a month, minimum 1 month contact, with one months notice, so £25.98 to watch the game, is that correct?[emoji848]

Other options, I’ve seen, £9.99 Six Month Contact direct with PS, or a tenner a month through an existing Sky Subscription min 12 Months.
That’s some outlay for one game unless you’re into NHL action.

Think they’re missing a decent opportunity to draw in neutrals who would probably stump up a tenner for a single match pass to watch a surprising match up for the final (at the start of the competition) but what looks a really interesting contest.

As posted just back up the thread, Football shown from down south on terrestrial but coverage of one of our own major trophies is zilch, not even highlights. Think that’s a bit rubbish.

All hope has gone now folk are hinting we've changed to 5-2-3.

It didn't work against Hibs in the Semi Final, they effectively missed 2 open goals and battered us until we scored from a corner. They then completely collapsed after a second set piece goal early in the 2nd half and lost all shape, leading to the 3rd.

Against a structured side like Livi we'll struggle to do anything with the ball and we'll lose the midfield completely. Hopefully it's just trolling.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

All hope has gone now folk are hinting we've changed to 5-2-3.

It didn't work against Hibs in the Semi Final, they effectively missed 2 open goals and battered us until we scored from a corner. They then completely collapsed after a second set piece goal early in the 2nd half and lost all shape, leading to the 3rd.

Against a structured side like Livi we'll struggle to do anything with the ball and we'll lose the midfield completely. Hopefully it's just trolling.

We're all worried about this tbh, the semi was brilliant but that first 20 minutes or so we were in trouble and Conway was very poor in the first half. 

9 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

What I want:

Clark - Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Tanser - McCann, Craig - Wotherspoon - Melamed, Kane

What I predict:

Clark - Rooney, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Tanser - McCann, Craig/Bryson - Conway, Kane, Wotherspoon

And  this nails it (I think this is exactly what we'll see, with Bryson).