St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

Just now, tree house tam said:

Please just stop with your constant negative pish, thanks.

I'm just trying to copy my posts from the 2014 thread, as doing so is vital in terms of our chances.

Fwiw we could plausibly play this game with 6 players we brought through the youth system involved, a further 2 who were born in Perth and are diehard Saints fans, 2 who first signed for the club over 10 years ago, and a relative of a player who is in arguably our greatest ever team.

Mental that all the "fairytale" talk is about Martindale, and not one piece outside Perth is dedicated to that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Jim Spence and Joel Sked have backed Saints, so congratulations to Livingston on their victory. 

I think Craig Fowler fucked our unbeaten run when he backed us against you a few weeks ago. He did so again last night.

nervous george costanza GIF

I think St J favourites for this.

The games between us since we came back up have always been of the shitfest variety and St J demonstrated that they could outshitfest us a few weeks ago. The boy Melamed scored a nice goal last week so it looks like more than just endeavour even if his performance wasn’t rated in match thread when we played last.

I don’t think It’s any coincidence that our run coming to an end coincided with Guthrie and Brown being out of the team. It’s great to have Guthrie back in but with Brown gone I think we remain vulnerable at set pieces or crosses as Efe just isn’t as switched on and aggressive.

It goes without saying that Robbo should start up front if fit. I don’t think sibbald is suited to wide left but I think we’ll play Holt and Bartley.

Max

Devlin-Efe-Guthrie-Serrano

Holt-Bartley

Mullin-Pitts-Sibbald

Robbo

For me I don’t think I’d change much of anything from last week. Only question is at left back. For me:

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Craig Tanser

Melamed Kane Wotherspoon 

I don’t think I’d be too upset if it’s Conway instead of Melamed, Booth instead of Tanser or Bryson instead of Craig. Over the last few weeks they’ve all played their part and shown themselves up pretty well.

Goes without saying first goal is absolutely critical. We showed what we can do at Livi and Motherwell when we get the first goal we can go on and really control the game on our terms.

But I always feel Livingston’s biggest strength this season (and particularly over that long unbeaten run) was that if they got the first goal they became very difficult to beat. That’s certainly how the semi against St Mirren seemed to play out.

COYS.

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

I'd love to watch this but I'm not sure how I can. I'm with BT and Premier Sports isn't even listed as an option under Sports. A quick search and it mentions channel 95 in BT vision, I've no idea what that is.

You can watch it online through the Premier player. Think it's £12.99 a month without a promo code.

That or Hesgoal.

Edited by EdinburghLivi