St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

On 24/02/2021 at 15:32, The Real Saints said:

The OF final wasn’t on terrestrial TV last year. But yeah, maybe they would have made an exception for them in the current situation.

They really wouldn’t. 

Premier make no secret of the fact their interest in Scottish football is driven by two clubs. They would hardly throw away the opportunity to milk every last penny out of showing a game between the two of them.

And that’s especially applicable this season when there’s 50,000 additional potential subscribers out there. 

Thanks for the kind words.
Not a bad lock down effort done over the Internet and after some gruelling nightshifts. Trying to play acoustic guitar quietly at 5am doesn't really work!

Anyways its on YouTube and its DEFINATELY better than any St J effort I've heard!

I'm quite looking forward to watching this as a semi-neutral (got a soft spot for Livi).

St Johnstone seem to be in some decent form discounting their recent games against Rangers and Celtic. Livingston's tailed off slightly after their amazing run when Martindale was first appointed so it's really well balanced. I'll tip a narrow Livi win and expect it'll likely go to extra time.

28 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Cracking video, and honestly I’m a huge fan of Emmanuel Dorado’s message at about 8:45. 

”St Johnstone? Who is St Johnstone? f**k off St Johnstone, come on Livi”

Beat me to it, thanks for watching it. 

39 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Cracking video, and honestly I’m a huge fan of Emmanuel Dorado’s message at about 8:45. 

”St Johnstone? Who is St Johnstone? f**k off St Johnstone, come on Livi”

I had to google Emmanuel Dorado, message loses a bit if people have to do that 

1 hour ago, Bose said:

I had to google Emmanuel Dorado, message loses a bit if people have to do that 

Not really, Livi fans know who he is. My equivalent knowledge of St Johnstone players from 2004 is probably as patchy. Dasovic? Roddy (best handball i've ever seen) Grant?

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

St Johnstone won the Challenge Cup in 2007. 

Won the Scottish Cup in 2014.

In the League Cup Final in 2021...

If we win on Sunday, would anyone seriously bet against us being Premiership champions in 2028 to complete the full set of domestic honours??

Pftt... You haven't even got near to winning Scottish League Two/Third Division. Embarrassing. 

Edited by EdinburghLivi

4 hours ago, crispy said:

Not really, Livi fans know who he is. My equivalent knowledge of St Johnstone players from 2004 is probably as patchy. Dasovic? Roddy (best handball i've ever seen) Grant?

Dorado’s message was definitely the best. Contrast that with monotone McAllister right after.

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

St Johnstone won the Challenge Cup in 2007. 

Won the Scottish Cup in 2014.

In the League Cup Final in 2021...

If we win on Sunday, would anyone seriously bet against us being Premiership champions in 2028 to complete the full set of domestic honours??

We do like the 7 year gaps

1st Division 82/83

1st Division 89/90

1st Division 96/97

(Between 82/83 and 89/90 it was a rollercoaster with 2 relegations ,  1 promotion, 3 years in the lowest tier and almost going bust, the good old days )

6 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Pftt... You haven't even got near to winning Scottish League Two/Third Division. Embarrassing. 

We are the joint record holders for most second tier titles in Scottish football history.  I don't think you realise quite what you're up against here.

And the number of those titles we've won ... ??

Season 4 Monica GIF by Friends

Conway to score in a 7-0 win seems the obvious bet.

Guy Melamed's 'gonna play a massive part on Sunday' according to Callum Davidson in his press conference. However, he also admitted that he'll 'sometimes change a team just for the sake of changing it and won't change it due to performance'. He also underlined Craig Conway's importance and cup experience.

So, to summarise, I am none the wiser.