St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

Are both teams expecting full squads to go with for this? Looks like we'll have no injuries (touch wood). Middleton being tied is the only player we'd be expecting to be missing. 

Think Livi had some injuries but are they expected to be back? Can a Livingstonian enlighten? Saw that Sibbald was back at the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Are both teams expecting full squads to go with for this? Looks like we'll have no injuries (touch wood). Middleton being tied is the only player we'd be expecting to be missing. 

Think Livi had some injuries but are they expected to be back? Can a Livingstonian enlighten? Saw that Sibbald was back at the weekend.

We have a huge squad with some long-term injuries - Alan Lithgow & Keaghan Jacobs.

For the guys who have played regularly, it looks as though we'll be fully fit. Bartley and Robinson, who missed out against St. Mirren, should both be available.

Edit: Hopefully nothing happens in training this week *touch wood*

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

Edited by EdinburghLivi

3 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

We have a huge squad with some long-term injuries - Alan Lithgow & Keaghan Jacobs.

For the guys who have played regularly, it looks as though we'll be fully fit. Bartley and Robinson, who missed out against St. Mirren, should both be available.

Edit: Hopefully nothing happens in training this week *touch wood*

Chewing Gum Reaction GIF

So pretty much full squads then. Thought that Jacobs fella was recalled from loan. Must have got him confused with someone one else. 

Ridiculous levels of excitement given it's only Tuesday. As someone else said above, could be the last chance of a non-OF final in a while makes it even worse/better. 

2 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

So pretty much full squads then. Thought that Jacobs fella was recalled from loan. Must have got him confused with someone one else. 

Ridiculous levels of excitement given it's only Tuesday. As someone else said above, could be the last chance of a non-OF final in a while makes it even worse/better. 

That would've been mad, he had his testimonial with us last year :D  I think you're thinking about Ciaron Brown who was recalled by Cardiff

4 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Guthrie was missing from the last game against you and we had ATS filling in at CB, that's why we were so shite defending the set pieces, big Guthrie is also a goal threat for us in our set pieces, so was a big loss in that game.  Mullin wasn't playing that game either, both are ok for the final.

No match pass option for the LC Final, just the sign up option, to the monthly subscription on Premier Sports? [emoji848]

Aye it’s a pisstake.

How long is the deal with premier? Absolutely no one is impressed with them.

I don't think Premier is that bad. £12.99 for a month (without a promo code) as opposed to £9.99 for a Sky Sports day pass. Anecdotally easy to cancel. 

When we are spending over that amount for the majority of one-off games this season, it's a good deal. Particularly a good deal if you like football from Europe (I don't).

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I don't think Premier is that bad. £12.99 for a month (without a promo code) as opposed to £9.99 for a Sky Sports day pass. Anecdotally easy to cancel. 

When we are spending over that amount for the majority of one-off games this season, it's a good deal. Particularly a good deal if you like football from Europe (I don't).

I got it for the semi because I didn't realise the international sub covered it. The stream quality is excellent and no casting glitches, unlike others. 

Kept the sub going for the final and in between I've found myself watching and enjoying a lot of La Liga. Might even keep it on after Sunday. 

Biggest issue I have is that, for me, a national cup final (especially in these times) should be on a platform that the country can watch, ie terrestrial telly. Do wonder if that would have happened if it was an OF final. 

How is everyone doing in the build up to this, still not really hitting me yet, not like 2004. Feels like xmas when you're an adult before you have kids. Massive occasion for both clubs but not being allowed to go to the game and take it all in has taken the edge off it a bit. Don't get me wrong, i'm bursting for us to win it, just not quite feeling it yet.

I'll get it set up on Premier sports an hour or so before ko to get my nerves properly jangling pre match though.🤣

Only good point is being able to have a drink while watching the game, bit shite that i'll not have any mates beside me though.

Part 2 of our Cup Final build up out now!!! 

Joining us this time, Burton O’Brien and Scott McLaughlin.

Really interesting listen to them bounce off one another and discuss the build up to 2004, the final itself and the aftermath which led to the open top bus taking a wrong turn onto the duel carriageway “it was like something out of Mike Bassett” 😂

We’re also joined by St Johnstone fan Ross Gardiner to preview Sunday. 

https://talklivipodcast.libsyn.com

Biggest issue I have is that, for me, a national cup final (especially in these times) should be on a platform that the country can watch, ie terrestrial telly. Do wonder if that would have happened if it was an OF final. 

The OF final wasn’t on terrestrial TV last year. But yeah, maybe they would have made an exception for them in the current situation.