St Johnstone v Livingston, League Cup Final 2020-21

PauloPerth

I have a feeling Davidson will set Saints up just like the semi.

Conway will defo play for the set pieces, Craig in for Davidson.

Booth/Tanser a tricky choice. I reckon Booth has done enough to get the nod. 

Spoony will start regardless even if there is a slight risk he won’t make the full 90. 

Melamed will be benched. Only used if chasing the game. 

id love it to be set up just as it was on Saturday but Davidson likes to be cautious in big games. I see this been no different. 

A couple of weeks ago (even after the win against Livi), I'd have leaned towards Davidson going with the 5-2-3 in the final. Now I think he'll stick with the Kane-Melamed partnership. There doesn't seem any great need to bring Murray Davidson back into the starting XI, although I'd be tempted to go with Tanser if he's definitively fit, as I think he offers a bit more than Booth.

The 2014 final felt like a genuine 50/50 to me (even if it didn't feel that way to the players and manager), and this one has the same vibe - although I imagine we're all feeling dangerously encouraged by our recent performances.

Getting nervous now.

This is so different to our 2014 Scottish Cup final. It was on the main tv channels, everyone was watching it, a bumper crowd etc.

This one is crowdless and only on an obscure tv channel that most don’t subscribe to. If the semis are anything to go by the highlights won’t even be available to most. It could be the forgotten cup final, for everyone except Saints and Livi of course. 

I am very confident we are going to win this. Not even entertained the thought of losing so that’ll be even worse if we do!

And after the hissy-fits and panic (myself included) over the semi-final line up, no matter what Callum goes with, I’m getting behind it. COYS

7 hours ago, Radford said:

Callum Davidson's decision is whether it is one of two options. He's probably gone from having nine definite starters to just eight with the way Booth has stepped in for Tanser but after that it'll come down to what formation he wants to play, although I'm not saying that won't be influenced simply by who he wants to pick. 

The first decision is Conway or Melamed, ergo 3-5-2 or 5-2-3. The other choice probably comes off the back of that. I'm not sure Liam Craig will play in a midfield two, for example. Whether Murray Davidson is fit is then the added component. In the two he gives you the presence but Bryson uses the ball better. If it is the three, then Liam Craig could do no more with his weekend performance. 

I think it was much more predictable in 2014 and no manager wants to get it wrong on final day. A worry for me is that CD hasn't really influenced games from the bench this season if required, so really hope he makes the right starting calls.

No regrets come full-time please. 

I think this is it. We have finally found our systems for keeping compact and going baws oot. I would personally like to go with 352 but think cautious Callum will opt for his favoured 343, obviously as he does, playing only one striker in that 3.

It's a hell of a decision because it can win you or lose you a trophy, be brave Callum,  no regrets.

Be pretty gutted if we revert to 1 up top.

I just think the kane and melamed partnership is really starting to work and their work rate is also through the roof.

Be brave and go for it.

Imagine starting with one up top and losing a goal early doors ( remember how under the cosh we were against Hibs in the semi).

We would be forced to change to 2 up top eventually.

Bit that baffles me is that we look better defensively and offensively with two up front, so I'm not massively sure why we'd change it for a big game.

25 minutes ago, Radford said:

Fair play to the council. Must be money to spend after they didn't need to book Betty Boop to switch on the Xmas lights. 

Seriously, that is really good. 

Betty Boop shaking her arse in her wee mini dress? That would've probably got me out on a cold wet December evening.

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Livi's cup final banger is the black pudding and peach one.  Would probably have gone apricot myself, but it sounds nicer than ours.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/lifestyle/food-drink/1968202/perthshire-butcher-hopes-st-johnstones-cup-final-match-goes-with-a-bang-er

That gin looks like it's been knocked up in a shed. And 'spirit drink'. Oh dear.