Raith v Hearts

4 hours ago, pantene proV said:

Another half each for Duku & Ugwu I suspect 

Meh, Ugwu was pulled for hammy tightness, not sure he'll make it. JMac is another question mark, I think we'll see Thomson.

Edited by TxRover

Win here and we’re only 6 points off them.

It’s a really weird season so far, after QOTS we’re all watching for the bottom 3 results looking over our shoulder suddenly we’re looking up again. In theory (will never happen in a million years) we could be joint top by winning our games in hand. I still think we’ll finish 5-6 but I’d have taken that in a heartbeat before a ball was kicked. Really tough run coming up but it’s great to see the lads able to match the best in the league.

Can't imagine Hearts will get caught out again on Tues. Neilson either didn't watch how we play, or just didn't care, as the amount of space we got on the wings and midfield was wild. 

Free hit, and no pressure. 

I had hoped for a single point from this double header, the fact that we alresdy have 3 leaves me deliriously happy......

....free hit, anything is a bonus, Hearts will be well pumped up after yerterday, sidenote - will Nielson be allowed in the dugout after being shown a red yesterday ?

I think fitness will be an issue with the lay off from covid and playing 99 minutes yesterday.

You’d think so. We were totally out on our feet about 80 mins and it showed. A really tough run of matches this, going from no game in four weeks to Hearts x 2, Dundee and Dunfermline in the space of 10 days. We can’t be at our best for all of those games given the situation.

It sounds like we’ve picked up a few injuries which is a real shame, Ugwu looked pretty good in the first half, the ball seemed to stick a bit better than with Duku. But it sounds like he’ll be out for a few weeks.

Expected a doing yesterday and then we pulled a win from nowhere. Still half-expect a bit of a doing on Tuesday. Hopefully we do it again.

The pressure is all on Hearts.

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Hearts have lost at East End and Dens and struggled at Gayfield in the league. They're not so threatening away from home. I'd still make them favourites but not by much.

Dunfermline and Dundee away were very similar to Saturday's game. We were fucking awful defensively and gave ourselves too much to do, despite that we created loads of clear cut chances in every one of those games. If we are going to be as much of a mess at the back, we need to be more clinical up top. But that is a fucking rubbish game plan.