Raith v Hearts

Three points from a hearts double header. If we got 2 draws everyone would have been over the moon, so to actually get a bonus point is actually tremendous. Yet we’ve still got supporters expecting wins every single match. Absolutely zero perspective and you’ve got to wonder if they actually do understand what is A. Happening throughout the world and B. Actual football...

Pleased with McGlynn’s interview. Mentions the lack of training and fitness but also expresses frustration at the way we were playing with 11 men in the first half. Seemed pretty hacked off.

We move on. We can’t pretend a 4-0 loss to Hearts couldn’t have happened with everyone fighting fit. Three points from the double-header is three more than we thought we’d get, and to be honest I was getting fed up of the ‘decent result’ style draws with Ayr/Dundee/Dunfermline anyway. Better to win some and lose some!

10 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Of course it was, that's my point. They highlighted it and were being honest about it, that doesn't happen a lot with commentators that can't be impartial. They were good.

I watched it as an interested observer and agree that the coverage and commentary were both excellent.

The goals on youtube

I like the way that after the 3rd goal the video cuts just before we hear the stadium announcer attempt to pronounce "Gnanduillet"

I'm not sure either but the French "Gn" will be the same as the spanish "Ñ" which means Dennis the Menace's Dog would be pronoununced "Nyashay" in France

6 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Careful neebur. 

You'll have the Kickback warriors at your door. 

It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice.

The Gorgie Juggernaut™  will obviously win a lot of football matches this season but hopefully we can win a lot of friends too.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

10 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Wasn't a great performance tonight but after what the clubs been through and the performance and result on Saturday, I don’t think we can be too harsh. Hearts will stroll this league. Their budget is far bigger which affords them better players and strength in depth.  Given what Rovers have had to contend with the last two weeks, to come away from a double header with three points  is a magnificent effort. If you genuinely think that the club should be embarrassed then you may want to start watching Bonnyrigg Rose’s streams on a Saturday. You might be happier. 

We got hammered 6-1 at Hearts. We hadn't had Covid (we were in quite awful form at the time). We did manage a couple of shots (and a goal) but I'd take a 3-2 win and a 4-0 defeat with no shots in a heartbeat for our other two games with Hearts and not hesitate for a second. Frankly I'd take a point from a 0-0 and have no shots over the two games. It would be disappointing but acceptable.

Listen to your old pal SEETHING next time, diddy fans. It's the hope that kills you. greggy.png&key=b2a9edba3e2eae5073b4e1042acdde66fe02d06bc89573af898665785b86d9d9
Thank heavens you're ok. After you failed to APPEAR in the post match thread over the weekend, following defeat by the diddys, some feared for your health. In quick tonight though. We've got the cut of your jib.

53 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
12 hours ago, SEETHING said:
Listen to your old pal SEETHING next time, diddy fans. It's the hope that kills you. greggy.png&key=b2a9edba3e2eae5073b4e1042acdde66fe02d06bc89573af898665785b86d9d9

Thank heavens you're ok. After you failed to APPEAR in the post match thread over the weekend, following defeat by the diddys, some feared for your health. In quick tonight though. We've got the cut of your jib.

My health is as RUDE as your post. I’m a busy man and can’t be expected to hold you diddy fans in my thrall in every Hertz thread. 

greggy.png&key=b2a9edba3e2eae5073b4e1042acdde66fe02d06bc89573af898665785b86d9d9

12 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Mate, what did you expect from the Rovers tonight? We had one striker available, who struggles with his fitness, on the back of a probable symptomatic Covid case. The striker Hearts brought off the bench almost certainly makes more money a week than the back five we finished the game with. 

You seem to be suggesting that John McGlynn wasn't bothered about tonight and threw in the towel. If that was the case, why did he play Lewis Vaughan instead of giving him another few days? They've gone out and done what they can to beat the side that will win this league at a canter. For the second time in four days. After one training session in ten days. Following a Covid outbreak. 

As has been mentioned above, the team really struggled to get out in the first half because Duku isn't a great hold-up striker. There was no alternative. As soon as Hendry went off there was no chance of controlling the midfield either. 

What did you expect? And don't give me clichés like "desire" or "wanting it more'. Please lay out the clear and obvious strategy that would've given the Rovers three points tonight. 

Or, you know, stick to replying to Facebook goal alerts with a wee angry face.

It'a bit annoying how sensible and thoughtful most Raith fans have been in defeat, and how - by and large - alright they were in victory.  Makes it very hard to think of you an subhuman scum, as we're all supposed to...

48 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Here are the highlights from last night, an extended version of our interview with Colin Cameron will go live this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who tuned in. 

The interview with Mickey was good, look forward to the extended version.  Had never seen that overhead kick before, what a goal.

Good job all round on the coverage

2 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The goals on youtube

I like the way that after the 3rd goal the video cuts just before we hear the stadium announcer attempt to pronounce "Gnanduillet"

I'm not sure either but the French "Gn" will be the same as the spanish "Ñ" which means Dennis the Menace's Dog would be pronoununced "Nyashay" in France

I was advised to rhyme it with 'Mandalay' by a trusted compadre so ran with that on both goals. 

Hope it was right and no offence caused! 

It'a bit annoying how sensible and thoughtful most Raith fans have been in defeat, and how - by and large - alright they were in victory.  Makes it very hard to think of you an subhuman scum, as we're all supposed to...

We’ve got Dunfermline next. They’re generally nice people but some of them do have a tendency to occasionally go a bit Falkirk

Which might help

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was advised to rhyme it with 'Mandalay' by a trusted compadre so ran with that on both goals. 

Hearts fans will be spending all day listening to Ken Dodd singing The Road to Mandalay and trying to get words to fit. 

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

If Reghan Tumilty ever tries his luck in French Football then some stadium announcer is going to have his work cut out

22 hours ago, paranoid android said:

If he plays, he should play in the final third - he shouldn't have started in the final - most of the players didn't start well in the final, but they didn't all disappear in the way he did.

Halliday needs to do more, but the guy didnae ask about him.

Cheers for the info gents.  My youngest son's a Jambo and I used to take him along to Tynecastle now and again before Walker went down south.  I always thought that JW looked good when he got the ball and ran at defences.  Had a feeling that he suffered some injuries in his time down there though.  Doesn't quite seem the same player now, but thought he would be a stand out at this level.