Raith v Hearts

On 24/01/2021 at 08:37, Empty It said:

A diddy team like Raith, easy win for the Hearts, what could go wrong?

On 24/01/2021 at 17:29, SEETHING said:

^^^ this but unironically

Listen to your old pal SEETHING next time, diddy fans. It's the hope that kills you. Oh it makes me feel like singing the blues - Page 11 - Scottish Premiership  General Chatter - The Pie Shop

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Granted I only really started to notice him once Hendry had gone and there was more space to be exploited, but Irving was impeccable. Just exuded calm and picked some brilliant passes. 

He certainly didnt need to exert himself

5 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

He certainly didnt need to exert himself

Mate, what did you expect from the Rovers tonight? We had one striker available, who struggles with his fitness, on the back of a probable symptomatic Covid case. The striker Hearts brought off the bench almost certainly makes more money a week than the back five we finished the game with. 

You seem to be suggesting that John McGlynn wasn't bothered about tonight and threw in the towel. If that was the case, why did he play Lewis Vaughan instead of giving him another few days? They've gone out and done what they can to beat the side that will win this league at a canter. For the second time in four days. After one training session in ten days. Following a Covid outbreak. 

As has been mentioned above, the team really struggled to get out in the first half because Duku isn't a great hold-up striker. There was no alternative. As soon as Hendry went off there was no chance of controlling the midfield either. 

What did you expect? And don't give me clichés like "desire" or "wanting it more'. Please lay out the clear and obvious strategy that would've given the Rovers three points tonight. 

Or, you know, stick to replying to Facebook goal alerts with a wee angry face.

I get the feeling the players bought into all the chat about the COVID outbreak at Raith and were caught by surprise on Saturday. A much better approach and attitude tonight, so much so that 4-0 is probably mildly disappointing on the balance of play.

I've been critical of Popescu but he was very good tonight and he's a far better option than Berra when we're on the front foot. I am conscious that he pretty much had no defending to do but it's definitely his place to lose now.

Fizzing at Ginnelly getting injured again. He's played about 20 minutes this season but he's done far more than any of the alternatives put together.

14 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Mate, what did you expect from the Rovers tonight? We had one striker available, who struggles with his fitness, on the back of a probable symptomatic Covid case. The striker Hearts brought off the bench almost certainly makes more money a week than the back five we finished the game with. 

You seem to be suggesting that John McGlynn wasn't bothered about tonight and threw in the towel. If that was the case, why did he play Lewis Vaughan instead of giving him another few days? They've gone out and done what they can to beat the side that will win this league at a canter. For the second time in four days. After one training session in ten days. Following a Covid outbreak. 

As has been mentioned above, the team really struggled to get out in the first half because Duku isn't a great hold-up striker. There was no alternative. As soon as Hendry went off there was no chance of controlling the midfield either. 

What did you expect? And don't give me clichés like "desire" or "wanting it more'. Please lay out the clear and obvious strategy that would've given the Rovers three points tonight. 

Or, you know, stick to replying to Facebook goal alerts with a wee angry face.

To be perfectly honest, it's an embarassment for a professional team to not muster a single attempt at goal, whatever the handicap. I have no doubt that Bonnyrigg Rose would have put on a better show. 

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

To be perfectly honest, it's an embarassment for a professional team to not muster a single attempt at goal, whatever the handicap. I have no doubt that Bonnyrigg Rose would have put on a better show. 

Wasn't a great performance tonight but after what the clubs been through and the performance and result on Saturday, I don’t think we can be too harsh. Hearts will stroll this league. Their budget is far bigger which affords them better players and strength in depth.  Given what Rovers have had to contend with the last two weeks, to come away from a double header with three points  is a magnificent effort. If you genuinely think that the club should be embarrassed then you may want to start watching Bonnyrigg Rose’s streams on a Saturday. You might be happier. 

Not a great performance even with 11 but on the plus side Lewis Vaughan played 60 mins. Not sure what Ethan Ross has done to be dropped though. We should maybe try Ross on the left, Armstrong right with Kennedy playing behind the striker. Put Vaughan on the bench on Saturday and maybe give him the last 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thought the Raith TV coverage was very good btw. Commentators very impartial which is pretty rare. In fact I was laughing at them pretty much wanting Duku sent off for the elbow.

They were equating the Hendry red card for stamping to the elbow which was reasonable.

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

They were equating the Hendry red card for stamping to the elbow which was reasonable.

Of course it was, that's my point. They highlighted it and were being honest about it, that doesn't happen a lot with commentators that can't be impartial. They were good.

1 minute ago, Tony Wonder said:

Of course it was, that's my point. They highlighted it and were being honest about it, that doesn't happen a lot with commentators that can't be impartial. They were good.

Calm down, they'll just get above themselves 🎤8)

Much better from Hearts, we need to play on the front foot all the time in this league. We were far too passive in the first game. 

After the red card it was game over, Raith will be happier with their three points from six than Hearts will but we move on hopefully with an improvement in application. 

Raith fans are much sounder than their Dunfermline counterparts. 

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Raith fans seem good humoured in defeat and weren't complete and  utter dicks in victory.

Good luck to you

Careful neebur. 

You'll have the Kickback warriors at your door. 

Edited by Specky Ginger