Raith v Hearts

1 minute ago, true_rover said:

A touch harsh - I think a lot of it is the change in Hearts performance, they are pressing us much higher up the park and much quicker. It's going to happen sometimes against a team with players that are much better on paper than ours.

Do fear that if Hearts finishing is better in the second half then this could end up embarrassing though.

Probably is a bit harsh given how Hearts have upped their performance since Saturday, but the odd time we moved forward in the early stages of that first half we just couldn’t make anything stick and Hearts just got the ball back and the chance of another attack. Meant that a goal was inevitable 

I'm not to bothered about getting turned over here it was to be expected.

My issue is hendry has fucked it here. Neither Duku or Vaughan have 90 minutes in them and the midfield will have to work even harder now. Without mentioning the 2 upcoming matches and we already have a few injuries. 

I think that’s the third time we’ve had a five minute spell this season where we’ve totally lost the plot. Hearts scored two in four minutes and could’ve easily scored a few more.

We did the same against ICT in the cup and Dunfermline. It’s odd to say the least.

2 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Probably is a bit harsh given how Hearts have upped their performance since Saturday, but the odd time we moved forward in the early stages of that first half we just couldn’t make anything stick and Hearts just got the ball back and the chance of another attack. Meant that a goal was inevitable 

Its no slight to Manny Duku and his performances but he really isn't a hold up player. The ball stuck far better to Ugwu.

But aye, Hearts upped their tempo and have not given us any time. We can't get round their press and going over it won't work if Duku can't show the strength to bring it down and hold it.

2 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Halliday's was particularly egregious. He had enough time to change his jersey before picking his spot but went for the pirrouette volley. Some players might be able to pick a ball out the sky, on the spin, and stick it in the top him, but Andy Halliday ain't one of them. 

Something drastic is going to have to happen to prevent Boyce getting a hat-trick here. 

Hearts have got the goal they needed to settle them and to knock the Rovers' belief. The rest of the first half played out exactly as you'd expect, with Hendry's red card maybe escalating things a little. 

It'll finish somewhere between 4 and 7-0. Hearts have a point to prove after the weekend, the Rovers just need to get through it without any further injuries or suspensions. 

Halliday just isn't very good. The hype about him signing in the summer was cringeworthy, really.

Boyce has been very good but his finishing when he has too much time to think about it isn't great, as shown by the chance at the end.

We need to not take the foot off the gas on the second half. I've seen us concede stupid goals from a comfortable position and then struggle too many times this season.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
Looked like it. Charlie Adam got away with a yellow for a very similar one against Arbroath, I'm sure. 

Aye hard one for the ref but its poor from Duku especially when Raith are already a man down.

Tiredness as much as anything else, I'm sure. He's rarely good for more than 60 minutes under normal circumstance, and the insinuation from McGlynn on Saturday ("we started the boys who didn't have symptoms") is that he suffered a little with Covid. 

2 minutes ago, raith_94 said:

Whatever the score, when handwringing later, bear in mind we got 3 points from 6 - and Lewis Vaughan played an hour without setback. Would have taken that on Friday.

Doubt there will be any hand wringing. Tonight was a free hit but realistically Hearts were never going to be as poor as they were on Saturday. Disappointing performance and disappointing from Hendry but Vaughan back on the pitch is a huge positive 

The Raith players, after such a layoff with no training, followed by the herculean effort on the weekend must be absolutely cunted. 

Yeah, I think this, combined with Hearts pressing the life out of us every time we have the ball has made it a really one sided affair. Pleased to see Lewis Vaughan get an hour under his belt, that’s about all we can take from tonight.

No choice but to take Duku off, and I can't imagine McGlynn was keen to stick a laddie into this game. Try to get the full backs forward to snatch a chance and somehow miraculously get back into the game, and maybe provide a little more solidity at the same time. 

I think this is the defensive shape McGlynn probably envisioned playing in games like this when the season began. Probably reckoned on having a striker too though, right enough.