Resident Evil 8 - Village

SANTAN

Completed this last night, thought it was really good but found the factory section a bit too much of a maze.

Will play through it again, this time on easy so I can explore every corner and get a few more trophies, doubt I'll plat this one though but think there's enough left to do for a 2nd play through.

It was all a bit PT in one bit already mentioned though.

Just completed this now. Echo the factory comments previously, i legit got lost for far longer than I wanted to to the point it stopped being fun for me. 

Loved the game overall though, 9/10. Will deffo go for the hardest difficulty playthrough in a few months. I must say I thought the game was going to be at the end at the start of the factory and as someone that prefers short sessions I ended up quite frustrated considering I spent the next 3 hours thinking surely this is the last scene. If I was in a different frame of mind I'd probably have loved the ending but due to the circumstances it felt like the ending of LOTR, a lot of points where you think it's over then it drags you back in.

Overall I'd say it's scarier than 7 considerably but I think it was easier. I had loads of ammo all the way until the last battle and was never really close to being stuck at any point. I think I probably died about 3 or 4 times overall (normal) difficulty. Took me 10 hours 41 minutes. Felt a lot longer tbf. 

Edited by Stormzy

Glad folk are now getting finished. I loved it but as I said I didn’t play the franchise till res evil 7 so the changes made from previous games for me are a positive. 

I loved playing as Chris really liked that aspect too. Was a good part to the game. 

I felt I spent longer at lady Demetrescu’s palace than I did anywhere else and that was probably my favourite of the 4 “children”. She followed me everywhere I couldn’t get peace to search areas.  The doll makers house was by far the most unsettling. The laugh and noises through headphones was very unnerving. 

My most frustrating part was navigating across the water to flood the damn I died there a few times and I also died a few times fighting the dude with the big hammer. 

Spoiler

I loved the story and with the “twist” at the end it was actually made very obvious during the play through but I can honestly say I didn’t click once with it. Now when I look back he lost his hand again, got bitten by werewolves, shot with arrows, stabbed by Lady D and done in by her daughters just to name a few things. It was a lot more subtle in res evil 7.  My only issue with that story is I wanted a bit more of an explanation as to how that worked without Ethan turning and without him even knowing he was effected by the mould. He lived on with Mia and they had a kid. Everyone oblivious except Mia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I got this a couple of days ago. I only ever really played RE2 so the storyline seems totally batshit mental to me.

I had to YouTube what to do with the maroon eye only to see all you had to do was examine it. I also had to YouTube the grinder bit as got totally stuck there. I’ve just ran away from the first of the mental sisters.

Completed this last night. It was weird AF but very enjoyable. I think I was 13 and a half hours which isn’t to bad. I surprised myself at how well I did in the boss fights. I got most of them first or second try. The shooting Luca a is copious amounts of fun.