Govan vs Dingwall - Saturday 23rd

Every Bear's favourite former Celt has been playing mind games with us with such comments as,  "I could sit here and wax lyrical about Rangers because their style of play is right up my street".

So how will Yogi set up his team for Ibrox on Saturday?  To allow decent football or to snuff us out?

I'd be staggered if we lost - though it's possible - but will go for a home win.

Edited by The_Kincardine

After our green n grey friends slip up on Wednesday we need to take full advantage and get 3 points, a big test of this teams bottle.

Should we go with 2 strikers for this game, Morelos and Itten?

Jack will be in the squad for tomorrow, Roofe will be a late decision.

If Roofe is fit, put him in. If he isn't, go with Itten. Also, Jack needs some time - we could really use him for Hibs away.

McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic, Davis, Kamara, Roofe/Itten, Aribo, Kent, Morelos

Back to the 4-2-3-1 that we ditched.

2 hours ago, yoda said:

This fixture always reminds of the time, in an Inverness pub, that a staunch Highland Rangers fan called me a "****** b*****d" because of my name.

Did you have a name tag on your jacket?

I don't think Rangers are playing as well as they were at one point, but it's still better (by a distance) than anything else in the league. Yogi won't sit back as much as Ketts would have done, but I'd still expect a 4-3-3 that is more of a 4-5-1. Naismith - Morris- Iacovitti - Randall expected (if fit) at the back.

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I don't think Rangers are playing as well as they were at one point, but it's still better (by a distance) than anything else in the league. Yogi won't sit back as much as Ketts would have done, but I'd still expect a 4-3-3 that is more of a 4-5-1. Naismith - Morris- Iacovitti - Randall expected (if fit) at the back.

Yeah, I hope he sticks with a 433 too, hopefully it'll be something like this.

Laidlaw

Naismith Morris Iacovitti Randall

Paton Vigurs Lakin

Hylton Shaw Stewart

Subs. Munro, Watson, Reid, Draper, Tillson, Gardyne, Andreu, Charles-Cook, McKay

If the lads start the game like they've just fell out of bed then I wouldn't be surprised if they got something out of it. Rangers need to take full advantage of Yogi's Gung-ho antics and break them on the counter or just not let them come out of their own half and pummel their goal mouth. Can't stress enough how important it is for the squad to re-ignite the fire for the performances. 

Looking forward to it though, I've been chomping for this all week. 

IMG_4230.jpg

A strange, strange lineup.

I make it 541 with Lakin and Paton as the wingers.

Laidlaw

Naismith. Hjelde Morris Iacovitti Randall

Paton Draper Vigurs Lakin

Shaw

Kinda wanted Yogi to just go for it as the game was a free hit and we’re unlikely to get anything anyway so would’ve been good to test ourselves toe to toe with whatever Rangers put up against us but can’t see anything other than 11 men behind the barracades now.

15 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

IMG_4230.jpg

A strange, strange lineup.

I make it 541 with Lakin and Paton as the wingers.

Laidlaw

Naismith. Hjelde Morris Iacovitti Randall

Paton Draper Vigurs Lakin

Shaw

Kinda wanted Yogi to just go for it as the game was a free hit and we’re unlikely to get anything anyway so would’ve been good to test ourselves toe to toe with whatever Rangers put up against us but can’t see anything other than 11 men behind the barracades now.

I thought that at first too but maybe it's Randall at RM in front of Naismith, making it 451.