New clubs in the West of Scotland

16 hours ago, pollokfan1987 said:

BSC Glasgow in the Lowland League are now changing there name so people won't be confused by the two names now in the leagues

So the only BSC Glasgow in town will be the BSC Glasgow in the West of Scotland League20210613_152809.jpg

Would it really be that hard to find a ground share in Glasgow?

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Would it really be that hard to find a ground share in Glasgow?

Has to be a ground that meets licencing standards. So it should be getting easier. It's just they may have burned some bridges as the Maryhill groundshare didn't end on good terms from what I've seen said.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Has to be a ground that meets licencing standards. So it should be getting easier. It's just they may have burned some bridges as the Maryhill groundshare didn't end on good terms from what I've seen said.

I'm sure there's plenty of clubs that would accommodate them for the money. Especially if BSC said they'd help tidy any ground up to reach the standard if it wasn't already in place.

League clubs would take them as well.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

36 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm sure there's plenty of clubs that would accommodate them for the money. Especially if BSC said they'd help tidy any ground up to reach the standard if it wasn't already in place.

Rangers?

31 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

They've been there since 2016-17. They've mentioned various attempts at trying to get another groundshare, new rentals, or buying land to develop their own ground. Nothing has come to fruition, which is one of the reasons Broomhill Sports Club just cut ties with the LL club. There's also been a bunch of moves this close season that's seen clubs take up new groundsharing agreements like Rossvale(?) at Petershill. Which should be close to licencing requirements by now. Yet BSC are still in Alloa.

That's why i'm saying it should be getting easier with Little Hampden and  other grounds coming along, because they haven't been able to get anything done with existing facilities.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It "has to be a ground that meets licencing standards" for them to remain in the Lowland League. If they truly valued moving to Glasgow they could have taken a ground which wasn't up to licencing standards and attempted to build a fanbase.

5 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They had one at Maryhill. Would it have been that hard to help improve the drainage there rather than move to Alloa?

They acted like dicks and Maryhill wanted them out.

The actual ground part of a license is piss easy. Talbot played BSC at Maryhill and part of the ground was shut off for safety reasons. Its the only ground I have been at where this was the case so the ground criteria for the licence is a piece of piss

Really think any club that has to groundshare, if only for a short while, have to pay for any upgrades required- the least I'd expect. Aren't there many derelict sites around Glasgow that could be used and improved ? although I realise that it could be costly to acquire the land etc. Imagine that you'd all know about unused grounds left rotting away.

Prorege on the NLM forum has added this snippet of info about what happened with Westerton United.

Post in thread '2021 - Scottish "Pyramid" Developments - Facts NOT Speculation Please' https://nonleaguematters.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/2021-scottish-pyramid-developments-facts-not-speculation-please.3904/post-97336

They thought they had a ground share agreement. They didn’t.

• 8 months later...
I heard a rumour from someone at the Dalbeattie game yesterday that Threave have applied to join the WoSFL for next season. As I said it was a rumour, but it is interesting nonetheless, and would weaken the SoS league.

Back when the WOSL was initially formed there was rumour of a few SOS clubs considering an application. Seem to re-call someone from one of the Dumfries-shire clubs posting they were considering their options.

If true it's interesting as it means Threave who are the biggest club in the league are comfortable with moving from tier 6 to tier 9.

Very interesting if it's true about Threave applying. Any ideas why they would want to? Perhaps looking for a different challenge/the chance to get promoted and face better opposition? Could any other other clubs apply from the SoS?

11 minutes ago, stanley said:

Very interesting if it's true about Threave applying. Any ideas why they would want to? Perhaps looking for a different challenge/the chance to get promoted and face better opposition? Could any other other clubs apply from the SoS?

They moved their first team to the EoSFL in 1998 and became a solid top half EoS Premier side. Ultimately withdrawing due to travel. Then were one of the original 12 to start the Lowland League. When they went back down to the South they probably thought they would have a decent chance to rebuild a winning team and get to the Lowland one day. Of course pyramid changes came along and they ran into the Kelty buzzsaw the last time they won the South.

If they were to apply it probably would be for the challenge. They could always keep one foot in the South by retaining membership to the Southern Counties FA for local cup games.

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They moved their first team to the EoSFL in 1998 and became a solid top half EoS Premier side. Ultimately withdrawing due to travel. Then were one of the original 12 to start the Lowland League. When they went back down to the South they probably thought they would have a decent chance to rebuild a winning team and get to the Lowland one day. Of course pyramid changes came along and they ran into the Kelty buzzsaw the last time they won the South.

If they were to apply it probably would be for the challenge. They could always keep one foot in the South by retaining membership to the Southern Counties FA for local cup games.

I'm not sure they even want to play in the Lowland League (probably the case for most SoS clubs). They resigned the last time and they resigned from the EoS. I'm not sure what benefit they would get from playing in the West of Scotland League but we'll see if the rumour is true...

Is there not a 4 way agreement on the boundaries now?  I don't think they can just move regions on their own choice.

If my understanding is correct the only thing that they can do is campaign for the SoS to promote into the WoS(premier being the initial position) instead of LL.