New clubs in the West of Scotland

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

What team do you plan to go and watch next season, if i may ask?

So basically my background is that I'll go see a few Hearts games, plus Clyde too as they are my local team.

But my real passion is non league footie......so most Saturdays I can be seen at a LL/WOS/EOS/SOS.....even a Highland game in order to see every team in the country.  There's often no rhyme or reason to it.

Basically whatever fixture takes my fancy, regardless of distance, I will make my way there.

How bout you?

12 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

So basically my background is that I'll go see a few Hearts games, plus Clyde too as they are my local team.

But my real passion is non league footie......so most Saturdays I can be seen at a LL/WOS/EOS/SOS.....even a Highland game in order to see every team in the country.  There's often no rhyme or reason to it.

Basically whatever fixture takes my fancy, regardless of distance, I will make my way there.

How bout you?

My plan is to see the new clubs in the WoSFL.

I accept most of them will be playing in some public park cage type thingy the first season anyway. So that's part one.

Second will to keep an eye on the fight for promotion at the top.  Monies on Talbot but i expect a few others to make it hard for them.

I liked to see Talbot go up just to see the strength of the rest without the Talbot monkey on their backs.

The rest of the decade should be interesting as the dead wood from the SFL start to come down.

Clyde v Cumbernauld Utd in a league game?

Edited by Tutankhamen
f**k the SFA

2 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

My plan is to see the new clubs in the WoSFL.

I accept most of them will be playing in some public park cage type thingy the first season anyway. So that's part one.

Second will to keep an eye on the fight for promotion at the top.  Monies on Talbot but i expect a few others to make it hard for them.

I liked to see Talbot go up just to see the strength of the rest without the Talbot monkey on their backs.

The rest of the decade should be interesting as the dead wood from the SFL start to come down.

Clyde v Cumbernauld Utd in a league game?

Very similar thought process for this year.  Had it not been for Covid, I'd have already seen St Cadoc's and Drumchapel etc etc.

Hope to see them this year instead along with all the newbies who have been accepted from the Paisley area, Bridgeton etc etc, as well as Campbelltown too.

Loving the prospect of all the new grounds!

6 hours ago, archieb said:

Div 3 is going to be a big division if even half of the new Associate Member clubs manage to meet the necessary criteria after one or two seasons.

The intention is that the Premier Division, Div 1 and Div 2 will all be made up of 16 clubs, with the rest of the members being placed in Div 3. So, with 67 full members (assuming Annbank return from their year in abeyance), and Harthill pretty much a shoo-in for admission to full membership, that puts 20+ teams into Div 3 for 2022-23!

My expectation is that Div 3 will initially need to be split into conferences, or regionalised.

We are looking at that but will be wait till the end of the season before before making any decision 

Brilliant re running the lines. Mark McLaughlin too....if he came from Maryhill.

McLaughlin came from us back then and you also had Stevie Convery from us too. Clyde became a bit of a who’s who of junior football. Which made sense when the management and coaching staff were from the juniors.

Just a thought that came to me amidst all the talk of colt sides. Is there anything preventing Kilmarnock and Ayr applying for membership of the WOSFL and entering development sides in the cup competitions? Or does SPFL membership mean you can't also be a member of another league?

Just a thought that came to me amidst all the talk of colt sides. Is there anything preventing Kilmarnock and Ayr applying for membership of the WOSFL and entering development sides in the cup competitions? Or does SPFL membership mean you can't also be a member of another league?

Not sure if they can be dual members but they couldn’t just play in the cup (is my understanding) but also the league too. Hibs and Berwick were dual members being in the EOS and Stranraer had a team in the SOS.

39 minutes ago, energyzone said:

Stranraer, Annan Athletic, Queen of the South, and Gretna while members of the SFL/SPFL have played in the SoSFL. Berwick Rangers, Hibs are the most recent ones in the EoSFL.

There's nothing to stop it unless there's a rule against it in the WoSFL constitution. Most leagues just have a rule against a club having more than one team in that specific league. Which is why Stirling University's EoS side would fold if Stirling University were relegated from the Lowland League.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

5 hours ago, parkcircus said:

We are looking at that but will be wait till the end of the season before before making any decision 

If the circumstances allow i.e. covid and the number of Development sides which carry out the up-grades in time for 2022/23 then maybe borrowing what the EoS did could work? They created a single Division but made up of two conferences. The teams in each conference were mixed so that the conferences were approx similar strength. Also the teams within each conference played each other home and away, as usual, but they also played the teams from the other conference once only, with all results counting towards the final league tables for the conferences.

If there were 20 teams in two 10 team conferences this would give 18 league games within each conference plus another 9 games against the teams from the other conference so 29 in total. 

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

Think Annbank United were basically an Ayr United colts team at one point in the west region and it sounds from the EoS forum like Syngenta are possibly going to be doing something like that with Stenhousemuir in the EoS next season. Clubs can form a colt team indirectly through loans rather than having an outright colt team setup in other words. In the LL catchment, colts teams were OK for SoS and EoS subject to being voted in by the existing members but not for the LL prior to the current proposal.

There is no similar restriction at tier 5 for the HL so serious consideration was given to an ICT Colts entry two seasons ago to bring numbers back up to 18 after Cove Rangers got promoted. That got rejected. ICT subsequently used Fort William indirectly as their U20 team through loans but rules were modified to limit the numbers of loans into the HL from a specific club outside the HL to prevent that from happening again in future.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

McLaughlin came from us back then and you also had Stevie Convery from us too. Clyde became a bit of a who’s who of junior football. Which made sense when the management and coaching staff were from the juniors.

Forgot about Stevie C.  Decent player and a good lad too - came back for one or two functions even after he'd left the club.

We are called Pollock so often, wonder how often Campbeltown Pupils will get the FP treatment?
To be fair they used to be FP, if you read the history page on their website. But there's never been a 'c' in Pollok. I think people do it just to annoy you. [emoji6]

Harmony Row Youth Club to join WoSFL

Harmony Row Youth Club are delighted to announce that our application to the West of Scotland Football League has been accepted.

We would like to thank all the members of the WoSFL board, and member clubs for your support and acceptance of our application.

For the first time in our 106 year history we now have a team in senior Scottish football. This is something that we are immensely proud of. This development now means that our male pathway is complete. From mini kickers to senior football.

We hope the foundations that have been made by those who came before us can now be built upon to make Harmony Row a famous name within the senior leagues of Scottish football as it is currently within the youth and amateur leagues.

We would like to thank all the people who have worked tirelessly over the years to grow our reputation and make Harmony Row the club that we are all proud of. We would also like to thank the current Harmony Row board, the football committee and coaches at Harmony Row Youth Club for their support and tireless work at our club. We have a membership now of over 400 boys, girls, men & women playing football at Harmony Row. Without the volunteers we have supporting us, we could not play the part we do within our local community.

Please follow our social media accounts to keep up to date with all the latest news from Harmony Row Youth Club.

FACEBOOK

TWITTER

INSTAGRAM

#WeAreHarmonyRow

WoSFL purple.jpg