New clubs in the West of Scotland

23 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

What happens if the West clubs don't want them?

Honestly this is what's wrong with our football, Clubs have total control of leagues, who gets in who doesn't.

Things like this should be taken out.  A team is applying to the Pyramid league, some in the hope of progression but clubs can vote on a yes or no, (even a committee member doesn't like the team can vote them out).  If Harthill meet a stringent criteria and the league vote them out then the Club should be allowed to appeal and the SFA get involved and hear all reasoning and if said reasoning is not substantial all because of dislike or because they believe the team is not in the right area when there is no definitive boundaries then the SFA shoudl make a decision.    The pyramid after all is about Scottish Football and its progression, not about clubs taking things into their own hands because they have problems with a club.

I feel very strongly about this, why due to the crap that has existed about clubs voting in the SPFL 2 to stop teams being promoted and relegated to and from the SPFL2..  It means we are doing the same, messing with Scottish Football progression for our own gain
The SFA know the SPFL2 thing is wrong but they aint doing anything about it so they should get the hands from out under their arse and sort it and be involved when clubs want to join the pyramid and deal with it.

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Honestly this is what's wrong with our football, Clubs have total control of leagues, who gets in who doesn't.
Things like this should be taken out.  A team is applying to the Pyramid league, some in the hope of progression but clubs can vote on a yes or no, (even a committee member doesn't like the team can vote them out).  If Harthill meet a stringent criteria and the league vote them out then the Club should be allowed to appeal and the SFA get involved and hear all reasoning and if said reasoning is not substantial all because of dislike or because they believe the team is not in the right area when there is no definitive boundaries then the SFA shoudl make a decision.    The pyramid after all is about Scottish Football and its progression, not about clubs taking things into their own hands because they have problems with a club.

I feel very strongly about this, why due to the crap that has existed about clubs voting in the SPFL 2 to stop teams being promoted and relegated to and from the SPFL2.
The SFA know the SPFL2 thing is wrong but they aint doing anything about it so they should get the hands from out under their arse and sport it and be involved when clubs want to join the pyramid and deal with it.
The league board and membership are in absolute control of who joins and who doesn't, how can it be anything else?

If it wasn't, then you'd already have Rangers and Celtic colts in SPFL2, a deeply unpopular move to most SPFL clubs.

Generally speaking it is rare for a club to be rejected if it ticks all the boxes, but the option is there. In Harthill's case - and in Luncartys last season - clubs may take the view that they are a West Lothian club and therefore don't tick all the required boxes.

I hope not, but the possibility is there and rightly so.

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

....If Harthill meet a stringent criteria and the league vote them out then the Club should be allowed to appeal and the SFA get involved and hear all reasoning and if said reasoning is not substantial all because of dislike or because they believe the team is not in the right area when there is no definitive boundaries then the SFA shoudl make a decision....

Agree with you on that, but it's not clear that's actually the case. If the only thing that matters is meeting stringent criteria then a vote by the member clubs would be redundant. If a vote by the clubs is included in the procedure as it is with the EoS then there would appear to be scope for knocking back an Oban application because it's too far away etc etc

Just now, Burnieman said:

The league board and membership are in absolute control of who joins and who doesn't, how can it be anything else?

Generally speaking it is rare for a club to be rejected if it ticks all the boxes, but the option is there. In Harthill's case - and in Luncarty last season - clubs may take the view that they are a West Lothian club and therefore don't tick all the required boxes.

I hope not, but the possibility is there and rightly so.

Yes I agree clubs within the leagues should have a vote on matters and important matters but I'm not saying the SFA will step in and say, NO, Harthill will be allowed in>  There should be a body for thus type of thing.  If The league vote them out because the clubs (THINK) the team are a West Lothian club due to their view of history etc... then the SFA should hear all point and make that decision.  trust me at big AGM meetings throughout history members in a bit of power will try and make their point count, point scoring with other clubs to vote a club out due to their dislike, or view of them, location wise etc..   If it did happen and the SFA heard points and decided that Harthill should go to the EOS then fine but it leaves a bad taste that clubs can mess up Scottish Footballs progression

4 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I feel very strongly about this, why due to the crap that has existed about clubs voting in the SPFL 2 to stop teams being promoted and relegated to and from the SPFL2..  It means we are doing the same, messing with Scottish Football progression for our own gain
The SFA know the SPFL2 thing is wrong but they aint doing anything about it so they should get the hands from out under their arse and sort it and be involved when clubs want to join the pyramid and deal with it.

I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be admitted...the boundary's only a matter of a few yards away from their park and the actual village is in NL...it would be nitpicking in the extreme to exclude them on that basis. The only slight concern would have been if they were being used as a stalking horse test case for the applications of some other potential candidate clubs who were not even close to being borderline cases, but had their own reasons for wanting to look west.

That's been cleared up now, so there should be no problems.

Yes I agree clubs within the leagues should have a vote on matters and important matters but I'm not saying the SFA will step in and say, NO, Harthill will be allowed in>  There should be a body for thus type of thing.  If The league vote them out because the clubs (THINK) the team are a West Lothian club due to their view of history etc... then the SFA should hear all point and make that decision.  trust me at big AGM meetings throughout history members in a bit of power will try and make their point count, point scoring with other clubs to vote a club out due to their dislike, or view of them, location wise etc..   If it did happen and the SFA heard points and decided that Harthill should go to the EOS then fine but it leaves a bad taste that clubs can mess up Scottish Footballs progression
The SFA have zero power to impose clubs on leagues against their wishes and rightly so. That's not going to change, and there won't be another body to oversee this, they'd have nothing to do.

I think you're making an issue out of nothing really. If Harthill are rejected by WoS clubs (unlikely) then I'd like to think the EoS would accept a late application from them under the circumstances, if they wanted it.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Agree with you on that, but it's not clear that's actually the case. If the only thing that matters is meeting stringent criteria then a vote by the member clubs would be redundant. If a vote by the clubs is included in the procedure as it is with the EoS then there would appear to be scope for knocking back an Oban application because it's too far away etc etc

I think Harthill is just a casing point on this subject, it should be the same all over.  But the club sit exactly 35 yards from the boundary line but have an ML postcode and the street beside it, the West Lothian council don't snowplough the street and the neighbour across the road has been told by West Lothian council to contact North Lanarkshire council to get a new bin.   There is no way this club, Casing point, should be voted our because of some people think historically a club played in the East when the pyramid is DE|FINETLY not about history, its about progression and that there is NO definitive boundaries set by the SFA

5 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The SFA have zero power to impose clubs on leagues against their wishes and rightly so. That's not going to change, and there won't be another body to oversee this, they'd have nothing to do.

I think you're making an issue out of nothing really. If Harthill are rejected by WoS clubs (unlikely) then I'd like to think the EoS would accept a late application from them under the circumstances, if they wanted it.

Understand, im more talking about the whole of Scottish football, Harthill is just a casing point.

The thing we have to remember, this is the pyramid league and if a said team met ALL criteria, stadium, location etc... to join the pyramid league then the clubs should not have the power to veto this because of any reason they want to make up or because of their historical view etc..

Just now, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I think Harthill is just a casing point on this subject, it should be the same all over.  But the club sit exactly 35 yards from the boundary line but have an ML postcode and the street beside it, the West Lothian council don't snowplough the street and the neighbour across the road has been told by West Lothian council to contact North Lanarkshire council to get a new bin.   There is no way this club, Casing point, should be voted our because of some people think historically a club played in the East when the pyramid is DE|FINETLY not about history, its about progression and that there is NO definitive boundaries set by the SFA

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't get in and agree that they should. If Campbelltown Pupils or Oban Saints applied I would not be so confident even if they ticked all the boxes.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

I'd be extremely surprised if they don't get in and agree that they should. If Campbelltown Pupils or Oban Saints applied I would not be so confident even if they ticked all the boxes.

Agree there that doesn't sit well
Can you imagine Oban Saints have the perfect facilities, fits all criteria but is voted out because someone clubs don't want to travel once a year to Oban, then that would be wrong.

Again, just casing point for the whole of Scottish pyramid  football

Understand, im more talking about the whole of Scottish football, Harthill is just a casing point.
The thing we have to remember, this is the pyramid league and if a said team met ALL criteria, stadium, location etc... to join the pyramid league then the clubs should not have the power to veto this because of any reason they want to make up or because of their historical view etc..
Of course they should have the power of veto, it's their league, they run it and make the constitution and rules.

However experience should tell you that clubs ticking all the boxes but still being rejected is very rare to non-existent. Leagues and clubs are on the whole pretty pragmatic when it comes to this sort of thing.

3 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Of course they should have the power of veto, it's their league, they run it and make the constitution and rules.

However experience should tell you that clubs ticking all the boxes but still being rejected is very rare to non-existent. Leagues and clubs are on the whole pretty pragmatic when it comes to this sort of thing.

We agree on many things on this matter and I totally understand what you are stating but that's why there was no promotion or relegation from the SPFL2 recently.  That for example is harmful to Scottish Football progression and clubs went into a clique and voted against promotion and relegation and messed it all up or put football it back another year or so

This time last year we were hearing of club after club announcing that they were leaving the WRJFA for the WOSFL before we reached a grand total of 63 clubs + 4 other clubs. 

This season there is a deathly silence with just a few murmurs that a cohort of Amateur Clubs will be applying to join the WOSFL. But the only firm applications to date appear to be from:

* Kilbride Thistle
* Harthill Royal

In contast in the EOSFL we are almost into double figures with those clubs seeking to move to the East of Scotland.

Just wondering why there is so little Twitter / Facebook activity on prospective WOSFL applicants and above all why we are currently devoid of any rumours? 

Will they come?

We agree on many things on this matter and I totally understand what you are stating but that's why there was no promotion or relegation from the SPFL2 recently.  That for example is harmful to Scottish Football progression and clubs went into a clique and voted against promotion and relegation and messed it all up or put football it back another year or so
It was resolved through negotiation, and before 2012 there was no suitable structure and little desire outwith a handful of HL and EoS clubs for it to happen, but let's not go there.

Harthill will likely get into the WoS, and if not the EoS is there. Job done. Good luck to them.