New clubs in the West of Scotland

The West Lothian teams should be directed to the EOSL, that absolute psychopath at Armadale did pretty much everything except declare a fatwa on Clydebank for having the audacity to want to go senior (at a time where there was no other west clubs doing it and we weren’t hurting anyone lol), trying to get votes passed to have us chucked out the leagues and all the rest. Do we really need the ‘its the way its always been’ numpties infiltrating? They should go to the EOSL with their tails between their legs, absolutely crap for smaller Ayrshire teams to have to travel to the other side of the country just to so some dinosaur doesnt have to eat humble pie.   

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

4 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The West Lothian teams should be directed to the EOSL, that absolute psychopath at Armadale did pretty much everything except declare a fatwa on Clydebank for having the audacity to want to go senior (at a time where there was no other west clubs doing it and we weren’t hurting anyone lol), trying to get votes passed to have us chucked out the leagues and all the rest. Do we really need the ‘its the way its always been’ numpties infiltrating? They should go to the EOSL with their tails between their legs, absolutely crap for smaller Ayrshire teams to have to travel to the other side of the country just to so some dinosaur doesnt have to eat humble pie.   

I think for South Division regulars Harthill and Stoneyburn it more the potential for the bottom tier being regionalised. At which point the furthest they would be travelling is barely west of Glasgow for league games.

4 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

For those wondering why WL clubs are looking at the WOSL the educated guesses are they see it as a way of retaining SJFA membership & secondly there's bad blood between some of the remaining WL junior clubs & some of those who moved to the EOS.

What bad blood?  if there's any bad blood then it's those clubs who still harbour some form of strange grudge.  I don't think anyone in the EoS really cares about what happened in the past, they're too busy getting on with it.

Maybe Blackburn would fancy a wee spell in the WoS, or Shotts fancy a stab at the EoS?  It's pretty much a no brainer that the traditional boundaries are adhered to in order to provide clarity and stop a complete mess happening in West Lothian.

Lanarkshire = WoS,    Lothians = EoS. It's not difficult.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think for South Division regulars Harthill and Stoneyburn it more the potential for the bottom tier being regionalised. At which point the furthest they would be travelling is barely west of Glasgow for league games.

I get that but its the west of scotland league not the west of scotland and a wee bit of the east? 

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I get that but its the west of scotland league not the west of scotland and a wee bit of the east? 

Pretty sure it's been the S(P) FL, Scottish Lowland League, and East of Scotland League. Yet there's Berwick & Tweedmouth. 

Clubs on an individual level are going to look out for their own interests. Doesn't mean they get what they want. Applying doesn't equal acceptance. 

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Pretty sure it's been the S(P) FL, Scottish Lowland League, and East of Scotland League. Yet there's Berwick & Tweedmouth. 

Clubs on an individual level are going to look out for their own interests. Doesn't mean they get what they want. Applying doesn't equal acceptance. 

Id punt Berwick to the English leagues tomorrow. However i presume there’s a grandfather rights issue at stake and thats fair enough. Clydebank applied to the EOS in the absence of a suitable alternative in the West, Armadale et al have a suitable league, letting them into the WOSL just because the dale guy doesnt want to admit he’s wrong isnt even remotely reasonable. 

There is no way clubs who currently play in the East Juniors should have the option of moving to the WOSFL. It would make a mockery of the set ups especially as it can be seen to take advantage of the current set up below the premiership to jump up the tiers which is not right in my view.

50 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Id punt Berwick to the English leagues tomorrow. However i presume there’s a grandfather rights issue at stake and thats fair enough. Clydebank applied to the EOS in the absence of a suitable alternative in the West, Armadale et al have a suitable league, letting them into the WOSL just because the dale guy doesnt want to admit he’s wrong isnt even remotely reasonable. 

If there's 34 WoSFL clubs willing to accept Armadale defying the entire point of the pyramid, then it's fecked.

4 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

There is no way clubs who currently play in the East Juniors should have the option of moving to the WOSFL. It would make a mockery of the set ups especially as it can be seen to take advantage of the current set up below the premiership to jump up the tiers which is not right in my view.

Absolutely!!

1 hour ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I do not disagree with you Arhurlie1981 and the others. Just wondering if we would reverse our case if a club like Newton Stewart wished to move from the SOSFL to join the WOSFL next season?

There is a case in my view to allow some flexibility and fluidity in drawing up boundaries. However, this should not be used to help accommodate  grievances and bigotry as in the case of the small cabal of WL clubs.

I do not disagree with you Arhurlie1981 and the others. Just wondering if we would reverse our case if a club like Newton Stewart wished to move from the SOSFL to join the WOSFL next season?
There is a case in my view to allow some flexibility and fluidity in drawing up boundaries. However, this should not be used to help accommodate  grievances and bigotry as in the case of the small cabal of WL clubs.

No there shouldn’t be exceptions made for any clubs from another region. Yes there are existing aberrations (Berwick & Kello for example) but this is different. If you start doing it now what is to stop Lochee from joining the West of Scotland League?

To be honest I don’t care what did or didn’t happen in the past but to do this makes a mockery of the set up we have now.

I had the same issue when Brechin wanted to join the Lowland League because their players were mostly based in the central belt. Tough you are based in an area and you play in the league that covers that area for the pyramid!

2 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

No there shouldn’t be exceptions made for any clubs from another region. Yes there are existing aberrations (Berwick & Kello for example) but this is different. If you start doing it now what is to stop Lochee from joining the West of Scotland League?

To be honest I don’t care what did or didn’t happen in the past but to do this makes a mockery of the set up we have now.

I had the same issue when Brechin wanted to join the Lowland League because their players were mostly based in the central belt. Tough you are based in an area and you play in the league that covers that area for the pyramid!

Do you think 34 clubs in the WoSFL would vote to accept Lochee United for example? I don't, which is why I don't see this as anything to worry about.

What Brechin City did was try to change a rule that would for a league to accept them into their membership. Nobody is forcing the league to do anything in this instance. It's just speculation on clubs looking to apply. Look at how Edusport Academy were rejected 3 times when they tried applying to the LL.

Do you think 34 clubs in the WoSFL would vote to accept Lochee United for example? I don't, which is why I don't see this as anything to worry about.
What Brechin City did was try to change a rule that would for a league to accept them into their membership. Nobody is forcing the league to do anything in this instance. It's just speculation on clubs looking to apply. Look at how Edusport Academy were rejected 3 times when they tried applying to the LL.

I’m not so sure they wouldn’t vote for these clubs to come in. I’ve sat through many meeting of the old WRJFA with votes going surprising ways that don’t make any sense. Never underestimate the power of sentiment and that some of those clubs using the fact that want to stay Junior but won’t get the chance if they move to the EOS.

My point is that they shouldn’t have the opportunity to apply, also I wasn’t saying Lochee would get in but I was making a point that there is nothing to stop them applying making it all absurd.

36 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I’m not so sure they wouldn’t vote for these clubs to come in. I’ve sat through many meeting of the old WRJFA with votes going surprising ways that don’t make any sense. Never underestimate the power of sentiment and that some of those clubs using the fact that want to stay Junior but won’t get the chance if they move to the EOS.

My point is that they shouldn’t have the opportunity to apply, also I wasn’t saying Lochee would get in but I was making a point that there is nothing to stop them applying making it all absurd.

I'm not sure the EoS would stop these clubs retaining their SJFA membership if that is what they wanted.  It's not the EoS's issue.

9 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

some of those clubs using the fact that want to stay Junior but won’t get the chance if they move to the EOS.

I was going to ask "What's stopping them remaining SJFA members if they don't resign and continue to pay their membership like the 53 West Juniors?" but the SJFA constitution says clubs must be members of the East, North or WOSFL.

Though if these clubs remained in the SJFA and East Region (non-playing members?) that could work? However that's something for the SJFA to figure out along with Junior Cup fixtures, not the EOS.

4 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

You've hit the nail on the head. This is why it would be blocked as it would, otherwise, make a complete mockery of the Lowland Pyramid system and create a bad precedent.

Edited by Dev

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

If there's 34 WoSFL clubs willing to accept Armadale defying the entire point of the pyramid, then it's fecked.

..... but would the WoS even put forward any such applicants to the clubs for consideration at the AGM?

Any idea of the dates for the EoS and WoS AGMs?

Of course, the W. Lothian clubs could try applying to the SoS !

12 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The West Lothian teams should be directed to the EOSL, ...   

I'd look closely at Harthill though. Most of the town is in Lanarkshire, but their ground is a literal stone's throw into West Lothian on the Greenrigg side. The rest are unambiguosly West Lothian with only Fauldhouse having any history (pre-WWII) of local clubs ever playing in Lanarkshire leagues.