New clubs in the West of Scotland

On 07/03/2021 at 17:49, energyzone said:

The facility they are intending on using is a grass pitch surrounded by a running track, which is all enclosed by the standard metal/wire fence which is now widely used. It already has covered seating and floodlights and the changing facilities would be the KA Leisure/St Matthew's Secondary changing which are already used heavily by boys club and amateur teams. The floodlights are mainly focused on the track however and I'm not sure if they would need to be adjusted or upgraded for the pitch to be illuminated.

It is a bit of a trek to the changing rooms however so wouldn't be ideal for half times.

WoSFL rules say changing rooms must be "immediately adjacent" to the pitch.

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Nothing fixed yet on Tayside boundary so premature to assume anything other than a guiding principle on Kello where the SoS boundary is concerned:

I think he was referring to tayside rather than west and east boundary. Teams who are in leagues already wont be going to other leagues. That was announced already 

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

WoSFL rules say changing rooms must be "immediately adjacent" to the pitch.

The EoS seems to approach these things by allowing clubs a years grace to comply. So for example if the club have plans to get portable changing rooms into the ground but it wont happen until the end of the year, they may get dispensation.  Perhaps the WoS will adopt that approach.

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

All clubs in the Stirling council area having to go East has rocked CSKA Strathblane's plans to join the WoSFL to the core!

There is part of the Stirling council area that is as far west as Gourock:

586px-Topo_map_Stirling_Dunbartonshire.p

Edited by LongTimeLurker

There are several clubs in the Stirling area that play in what I'd guess you'd call traditionally  West of Scotland amateur leagues like the Scottish, Caledonian and Central: Milton, Bannockburn, Callander Thistle, amongst others.

There is part of the Stirling council area that is as far west as Gourock:

586px-Topo_map_Stirling_Dunbartonshire.p

About two-thirds of the population of Stirlingshire lives along the M9 corridor in the eastern extremity of the county, which is where you'd imagine any applications would come from...it makes sense for them to look east regardless of the seeming illogicality of the geography. The relief map tells its own story - sure there are parts of Stirlingshire that stretch out pretty far west, but that part of the county is to all intents and purposes empty...the biggest settlements are probably Lochearnhead or Crianlarich with only a couple of hundred people which I'm not sure even currently support amateur teams.

A bit closer in you've got the network of small villages that currently have teams in the Forth and Endrick League at welfare level...while the likes of Donaldson Park in Balfron or Shandon Park in Drymen are great places to watch a game on a summer evening, they barely count as enclosed grounds and I'd be shocked if any of the teams currently playing in the FEL have any aspirations of going senior.

4 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Was mentioning it as an interesting quirk rather than as a criticism.

No, it IS a weird one - I suppose back in the good old days of regions that why that one was called Central...it falls smack bang in the middle of the country!  On first glance you could make a case for it falling under either east or west until you drill down into where the centre of gravity of its population lies.

4 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

There are several clubs in the Stirling area that play in what I'd guess you'd call traditionally  West of Scotland amateur leagues like the Scottish, Caledonian and Central: Milton, Bannockburn, Callander Thistle, amongst others.

There's also some North Lanarkshire (and previously some from ED) teams who play in the Stirling & District league so a hostage swap could take place. Map also shows how the Glasgow area leagues also needs to be sorted out.

ams2.JPG

Spoke to one of the Harthill guys at work this morning....,he wished all the other West Lothian clubs all the best in the EoSFL and said that they were actively pursuing a place in the WoSFL on there own.....

IMG_1390.jpg

Putting all their eggs in one basket could be an interesting one. Could be looking to argue that the town they are from is based in North Lanarkshire but with the ground being in West Lothian it will be an interesting debate. Could maybe see a compromise being reached between the 2 leagues. The risk is the west knock them back and they are left in the juniors playing with the Tayside clubs.

16 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

IMG_1390.jpg

Putting all their eggs in one basket could be an interesting one. Could be looking to argue that the town they are from is based in North Lanarkshire but with the ground being in West Lothian it will be an interesting debate. Could maybe see a compromise being reached between the 2 leagues. The risk is the west knock them back and they are left in the juniors playing with the Tayside clubs.

Harthill FC  have a ML postcode and the park is less than a hundred yards from the North Lanarkshire boundary although the street right outside the main gate is never touched by the West Lothian snow cleaning section :whistle, even though it is in West Lothian. The neighbour who lives across from the park gate phoned West Lothian council to get a new rubbish bin and she was told to contact North Lanarkshire council  🤣

31 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

There's also some North Lanarkshire (and previously some from ED) teams who play in the Stirling & District league so a hostage swap could take place. Map also shows how the Glasgow area leagues also needs to be sorted out.

ams2.JPG

Its always been the case of teams playing in districts at amateur and juvenile. I remember at under 10s we had moodiesburn in our league their was a glenboig team but they folded as the season started as we were meant to go there on a cold tuesday night. You have scenarios of teams on borders like kincardine technically in fife but played in that league when in played in the stirlingshire "under 20" league which was really under 18s had kincardine and linlithgow rose in the league. Also in the satursay under 20s who were a yr older than us u had harthill royal as we played them in a stirlingshire cup tie. We also for some reason had under 23s but they were 2 yrs older than us had shotts vics who we played in a cup tie aswell

Harthill FC  have a ML postcode and the park is less than a hundred yards from the North Lanarkshire boundary although the street right outside the main gate is never touched by the West Lothian snow cleaning section :whistle, even though it is in West Lothian. The neighbour who lives across from the park gate phoned West Lothian council to get a new rubbish bin and she was told to contact North Lanarkshire council  🤣

I know it a strange situation but the boundary is set by local authority not postcode.

I absolutely believe an exception could/should be made for them but my point is that by applying only to the west as was posted above they are putting all their eggs in the west basket. If they are rejected, as according to the boundary they should be, then they are left in an east juniors that will be mainly made up of Tayside clubs.

I hope that’s not the case but it’s a gamble for Harthill is my point. Hopefully common sense can be made here and the west/east come together to agree a suitable compromise for Harthill.

19 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I know it a strange situation but the boundary is set by local authority not postcode.

I absolutely believe an exception could/should be made for them but my point is that by applying only to the west as was posted above they are putting all their eggs in the west basket. If they are rejected, as according to the boundary they should be, then they are left in an east juniors that will be mainly made up of Tayside clubs.

I hope that’s not the case but it’s a gamble for Harthill is my point. Hopefully common sense can be made here and the west/east come together to agree a suitable compromise for Harthill.

The wording of last night's statements is that clubs "will be directed to apply" to either the WoS or EoS based on the geography involved. Think that means the leagues won't even accept applications on March 31st from clubs on the wrong side of the county boundary.

https://www.eosfl.com/

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

The wording of last night's statements is that clubs "will be directed to apply" to either the WoS or EoS based on the geography involved. Think that means the leagues won't even accept applications on March 31st from clubs on the wrong side of the county boundary.

https://www.eosfl.com/

The EoSFL and WoSFL have agreed a boundary for new member applications which is based upon local authority areas. Clubs in Stirling, Falkirk and West Lothian Council areas who wish to join the pyramid will be directed to apply to the EoSFL while clubs in North and South Lanarkshire and East Dunbartonshire will be directed to apply to the WoSFL.

Harthill can apply to either

The EoS seems to approach these things by allowing clubs a years grace to comply. So for example if the club have plans to get portable changing rooms into the ground but it wont happen until the end of the year, they may get dispensation.  Perhaps the WoS will adopt that approach.

Hi guys, just going to let you know where we are with regards to changing rooms.

The current changing rooms as you say are in the school but we’ve been working since December to have changing rooms and public toilets adjacent to the pitch. This would probably have been done by now in normal times but unfortunately like so much else in the world Covid has held things up a bit. We are still confident we will have these in place for the start of pre season.
Even if there was potential flexibility with the rule on this one it’s not ideal for us and our opponents to have to go back to the school at half time so we’re working hard to make sure this isn’t the case.

Cheers,

Sean