New clubs in the West of Scotland

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I glance at these year groups and instantly think "why would an under 8s team be in the under-20 league?!?!" before realising how old I am getting :( 

I'm more wondering at the scope for confusion in a league with a Kilbride Thistle and an East Kilbride Thistle involved...at least one hapless team will eventually show up at the wrong park for an away game.

Reminds me of a guy I know who was in a band touring Germany who arrived to play in Frankfurt.

The wrong Frankfurt.

5 hours ago, honestly united said:

Instead of using old county borders why not bring the debate into the 21st century, and use googlemaps to solve all our problems.

Put a pin in the centre of Glasgow and a pin in the centre of Edinburgh, then measure the distance from a clubs ground to each pin on the map. Closer to Glasgow - WoSL, closer to Edinburgh EoSL. 

Not having measured but I would assume Harthill are bang in the middle between the 2, but it would probably shunt Forth east and I think puts Falkirk WoSL, but Grangemouth EoSL. Time for a Radical shake up i think 

Finally! The Wisdom of Solomon. Let's chop this baby in half!!! 🙂

Good news for Armadale, Whitburn, Stoneyburn, Bathgate and West Calder. Turns out they have always been correctly in the East Region by several km.
Good news too for Harthill who can add "4.2 km closer to Glasgow" along with their ML postcode to their application pack.
Good news too for Fauldhouse who will become the only West Lothian team in the WoS, by 34.47 km stroll into Glasgow versus a disappearing into the distance 34.85 trek to Edinburgh. If they want to stay in the East they'll need a ground swap with the cricket club 😂

Edited by PastyMan

7 hours ago, honestly united said:

Instead of using old county borders why not bring the debate into the 21st century, and use googlemaps to solve all our problems.

Put a pin in the centre of Glasgow and a pin in the centre of Edinburgh, then measure the distance from a clubs ground to each pin on the map. Closer to Glasgow - WoSL, closer to Edinburgh EoSL. 

Not having measured but I would assume Harthill are bang in the middle between the 2, but it would probably shunt Forth east and I think puts Falkirk WoSL, but Grangemouth EoSL. Time for a Radical shake up i think 

Falkirk itself is closer to Edinburgh than glasgow. Once u start hitting larbert and denny possibly even camelon may be closer to the west

Chair - Matt Bamford (Clydebank)
Vice Chair - Colin Boyd (Kilwinning Rangers)
General Secretary - John Dalton (Whitletts Victoria)
Fixtures Secretary - Kennie Young (neutral)
Discipline Secretary - Jeff Hunt (Pollok)
Treasurer - Chris McKillop (Port Glasgow)
Divisional Club Representatives -
Peter Ferguson (Rutherglen Glencairn)
Kevin Robertson (Neilston)
Bobby MacNamara (Ardrossan Winton Rovers)
Martin McKenna (St Anthony’s)
Ian Young (Glenafton Athletic)

Delegate to Non Professional Game Board and Scottish FA Congress - Kevin Robertson (Neilston).

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They only cover tier 6. That's the reason they gave for not allowing the all in conferences. 

Strange, they cover tier 6 and 7 in the EoS.  There is no Discipline Secty.

Why is there a need for a Discipline Secretary if the SFA do the discipline?
The WoSFL administers its own discipline from tier 7 down. The SFA said that they didn't have the capacity to take on another 67 clubs under the JPP. It was another reason for the late creation of the Premier League above the Conferences, it was a demand by the SFA to get the WoSFL approved at last summer's AGM.

29 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Strange, they cover tier 6 and 7 in the EoS.  There is no Discipline Secty.

It was one of the main talking points during the PWG meetings with the SFA comprising to say they would cover Tier 6 leagues. Then it was used as the reason for not allowing the all in conferences. 

Any news on other matters discussed i.e. at the General Meeting of clubs?
It was a very short meeting, with an update on the current suspension and more potential constitutional changes ahead of the AGM. No questions were raised by the clubs.

Chair - Matt Bamford (Clydebank)
Vice Chair - Colin Boyd (Kilwinning Rangers)
General Secretary - John Dalton (Whitletts Victoria)
Fixtures Secretary - Kennie Young (neutral)
Discipline Secretary - Jeff Hunt (Pollok)
Treasurer - Chris McKillop (Port Glasgow)
Divisional Club Representatives -
Peter Ferguson (Rutherglen Glencairn)
Kevin Robertson (Neilston)
Bobby MacNamara (Ardrossan Winton Rovers)
Martin McKenna (St Anthony’s)
Ian Young (Glenafton Athletic)

Delegate to Non Professional Game Board and Scottish FA Congress - Kevin Robertson (Neilston).

Thought they were classed as professional now?

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was one of the main talking points during the PWG meetings with the SFA comprising to say they would cover Tier 6 leagues. Then it was used as the reason for not allowing the all in conferences. 

I understand that, but they backed down as far as the EoS were concerned when it was challenged.  Just assumed they backed down for all tier 6 and 7 levels.

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

I understand that, but they backed down as far as the EoS were concerned when it was challenged.  Just assumed they backed down for all tier 6 and 7 levels.

Unfortunately not, hence the necessary creation of the Premier League at tier 6 with the conferences below. That was the deal offered by the SFA, otherwise the league wouldn't have been proposed for rubber stamping at the SFA AGM.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Don't know how much of it was EoSFL being "grandfathered" in as it were. Since the SFA previously oversaw the EoS Premier and EoS First Division (just under smaller numbers).

All I know is the SFA compromised on saying they'd oversee Tier 6 only, limited the scope of that number and have enforced that when it comes to the WoSFL.

It's totally off topic anyway, but isn't it just typical Scottish fitba that an issue such as displine is handled by the SFA in one league, but at the same level in another it's handled by the league themselves.  The SFA continue to handle discipline for the U20 Development League but I guess they'll throw their toys out the pram again at some point, rather than getting the resource to administer all leagues/divisions in a consistent manner.